Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday, Rosie Style

Today I am thankful for Rosie's health! Today marks two weeks since Rosie's eye removal (enucleation) surgery. She was scheduled to go in this afternoon for her suture removal, but I ended up taking her in yesterday after I noticed that the incision had a small yet continuous amount of blood coming from it. The vet said that aside from the light bleeding, which was probably just from it being bumped, the incision looked great! So, the vet went ahead and removed the sutures a day early. I'll be monitoring Rosie's incision for any more blood, but as of this morning the bleeding has stopped.

Rosie's happy to be suture-free!
I promise, she's much happier than she let on in this picture.
As always, Rosie did great at the vet. Her primary vet visit vice is that she is very, very, very loud. She likes to yowl and let everyone in the building (perhaps even everyone in the whole city) know that she would rather be at home on her beloved couch. Nevertheless, she lets the staff at the vet get their job done without much more than a few busted eardrums.

After today's vet visit I gave Rosie a new cactus-shaped catnip toy. Rosie had found the kittens' new catnip toys shortly after Christmas and enjoyed them more than I thought she would, so shortly thereafter I bought her this new cactus one. I held off giving it to her when her eye became a concern, though. But, after being such a trooper through all of this, Rosie got her new toy today, and she loves it!
The toy's package claims that the cactus is named Prickles. Apparently Rosie thinks that Prickles makes for a nice, cuddly pillow.

1 comment:

Annie Bear said...

Wow, I can't believe it's already been two weeks! This is such a happy ending! I'm so glad to hear how well she's doing. Even the yowling is good news since she's got to be fairly spunky to carry on like that. :)

How nice that she got a new toy. Prickles. How cute!