Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It's someone's "maybe" birthday today!

Evan is (maybe) 2 years old today! I first met him in late May of 2013, when someone dropped him at the front door of the vet clinic where I used to work. A note attached to the carrier explained that a coyote had killed his mother and littermates and had left his hind limbs paralyzed. He was roughly 6 weeks old at the time. Soon after, I backtracked and picked this date to celebrate this tough boy's "maybe" birthday.

For his birthday, I bought Evan his very own tub of yogurt. He won't eat moist food, but he loves yogurt! He already had a little dollop this morning and scarfed it down! I also bought Evan a whole pack of his very favorite toy -- hair ties. He now has a whole rainbow worth of hair ties to play with!

In the hustle and bustle of moving I still haven't managed to dig my camera out, but I hope to do so tonight to get a picture of my furbaby on his special day. In the meantime, here's one of my favorite pictures of birthday boy Evan:
Happy birthday, Evan!!!

2 comments:

Annie Bear said...

Happy birthday, Evan! What a rough start you had! This is a great pic of you. I'm so glad you have some yogurt and hair ties to celebrate your special day.

Hope all continues to go well with your mom's move!

meowmeowmans said...

Happy birthday, Evan! You sure gotcha'd yourself a great home with an awesome mommy! Have a wonderful day, and enjoy that yogurt! :)

Hugs!