Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Furry Family Reunion

Yesterday, for Memorial Day, my parents came over to my house for a visit. It was great to see them, but what's more, they brought Trapper and Talon to visit as well! Upon moving to my new house I wanted to make sure that all of the animals still got to see each other routinely. With Astrid this is easy, because she thinks she owns both my house and my parents' house, and so she goes back and forth between the two more than willingly. Furbaby reunions are also made relatively easy due to the fact that both Trapper and Talon do great in a carrier and when going new places, and so my parents can bring them to my house without any stress or fuss. Thimble, Evan, and Toby, on the other hand, are fairly certain that pet carriers are the root of all evil. I still take them to my parents' on occasion, though, in hopes that their fear of the carrier might be reduced by knowing that it can also mean a nice visit with family and not just a trip to the vet. So far no luck with that, even with my leaving the carrier out 24/7 in hopes that they will start seeing it as a harmless entity.

Getting back on track, though, yesterday was a beautiful day with everyone all together under one roof again. We humans had a delicious cookout, while the animals had a great time playing together! By the time suppertime rolled around, all of the furbabies were tuckered out and ready to nap.
Trapper decided to  make himself comfortable in Astrid's favorite spot on the couch (gasp!). That's okay, though, because she decided to make do with the spot next to him. (Trapper is honestly a bit on the chunky side, but even if he wasn't he is still a big boy. Using this picture as a size comparison, Astrid is a 55 lb dog. Last I knew Trapper was at 16 lbs, but I'm thinking the big fella is still growing...)
Evan loves to redecorate for Mommy, especially when it comes to rugs. This particular rug is obviously more comfortable with one corner flipped up.
Toby and Talon got their cuddles on next to a window on this bright and shiny Memorial Day.
And my baby girl Thimble played and played and played with her brothers, and then zonked out on Mommy's bed.
Yesterday was a beautiful day to be with family and celebrate the brave men and women who have served our USA. I hope you all had as blessed of a Memorial Day as my furbabies and I did!

3 comments:

Hannah and Lucy said...

How nice to see all the cats and Astrid the dog all having a restful day. Happy Memorial Day to you all.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

meowmeowmans said...

How wonderful that the whole fur family still gets together, even though you've moved into your new house. These are all such beautiful pictures, so full of love and togetherness. :)

Annie Bear said...

Oh how blessed you are to have your whole family together! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures. They all look so happy and I like Evan's redecoration.