Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Celebrating a Heavenly Birthday

Today my sweet Rosie would have been 22 years young.

I miss her and I wish she were here so that I could celebrate with her as I have for the past 21 years, but I know that she's having a grand birthday up in her new headquarters. I wished Rosie a happy birthday the second I woke up this morning, and, continuing with my recently developed tradition, I will be further celebrating her birthday later today by creating a special piece of art just for her.

Until then, I'll re-post some pictures in honor of my beautiful little lady...
Rosie at about 15 years of age, sitting in one of her favorite boxes.
I loved when Rosie would curl up like this. Do you see how her front leg is shaved? This was back in 2012, after she won a battle against an extremely severe case of pancreatitis and hepatitis at the age of 19. She is and always will be my tough cookie.  
Sweet Rosie sleeping on a lap during a 9 hour car ride (shame on me, but on a lap was how she was happiest). My family and I didn't want to go on vacation without her, because she refused food and her renal medications for anyone but us. So, we took her on vacation with us, and she did great!
As I've said before, this is one of my all-time favorite pictures of Rosie. Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but she was one of the sweetest, most beautiful cats I've ever known. I've always felt like this picture, and her expression in it, manages to epitomize those traits of hers.
This was Rosie back in February of this year, one month after she had her eye removed. She could sometimes make such a disgruntled look for the camera, but I always knew better! We had a happy cuddle session after this photo was taken.
And this was Rosie exactly one year ago, on her 21st birthday. She loved those "Catty Shack" treats, and so I got into the habit of buying her a fresh box for her birthday. Eat to your little heart's content, baby girl!
Happy heavenly birthday, my sweet angel Rosie! I always have and always will love you, little lady!

4 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Happy birthday at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Rosie. We are sure you're having a great time up there, with all of the other beloved angels. Hugs and paw pats to your mom, who we know is missing you so much.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

sending (((hugs)))) and love. I know how hard it is.
catchatwithcarenandcody

The Island Cats said...

Purrs as you remember sweet Rosie on this special day.

pilch92 said...

Rosie was a beautiful kitty. I am sorry she is no longer with you, but I am sure she is watching over you.