Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Festive Fun

This furbaby momma loves her some Halloween. Along with the scary movies and excessive amounts of candy and sugar comas, one of my favorite parts of this holiday is carving a jack-o'-lantern.

I always start with sketching my design, and then I choose my pumpkin. Of course, before any carving can take place, the pumpkin has to pass furbaby inspection...
I guess orange really is the new black?
Once the pumpkin has passed inspection, I can then start chopping away at it. I try to do something a little different each year, and this year I went with a classic image that I somehow had never managed to do before...
Halloween kitty!
My furbabies of course gave me tons of help, and we had a lot of fun! Does anybuddy else carve jack-o'-lanterns for Halloween?

6 comments:

Marg said...

Now that is a great carving. WE don't do much carving around here. But it looks like great fun.Looks like you are going to have a great Halloween.

Blogoratti said...

Looks really great.

The Island Cats said...

Oh that's pawsome!

meowmeowmans said...

WOW! That's one impressive jack-o-lantern! Great job on the carving. We always THINK about carving one, but rarely get around to doing it. Ha ha.

I love the picture of Evan and the pumpkin!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

you did a totally amazing job! I am all paws when I try and carve a pumpkin!
catchatwithcarenandcody

pilch92 said...

Great job! I love Halloween :)