For one, it's National Tabby Day! I was so excited when I found out about this wonderful day, as all three of my feline furbabies are tabbies.
And then of course there's the fact that today is the Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by wonderful Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty. My contribution for this always fun hop is at the end of this post.
But, I am most excited today to be celebrating another furbaby birthday at our house! Actually, since none of my furbabies seem to be able to tell me their exact dates of birth, it's yet again more like a "maybe" birthday. That being said, my active little lady Eddy (maybe) turns 1 year old today!
Although all my furbabies are still young and active, Eddy is perhaps my most fun-loving furball. She can turn anything and everything into a toy, and does so frequently. She's clever and innovative and just downright ornery. And, she's adorable, if I do say so myself.
Since Eddy is such a fun-loving little lady, she and I decided that, for her birthday, we'd share some fun facts about her. Some of these are little tidbits that we may have shared before, and some we may not have shared yet, and others we just simply can't remember whether or not we've mentioned in the past.
Now, without further ado, the birthday girl would like me to share some trivia about her.
2. Prior to deciding on Eddy, I almost named her Dervish. Obviously, though, Eddy won out in the end.
3. Eddy loves her name, especially when it's repeated many times in rapid succession. Calling for Eddy-eddy-eddy-eddy-eddy will bring her running just about every time.
4. Eddy is a mama's girl. She likes this human mama of hers, and that's about it in terms of her preference in humans.
5. Eddy is this mama's only true lap kitty. If I sit down, she'll be in my lap within seconds. Sometimes she thinks of my lap as nothing but a playground, but other times it is the perfect place to curl up and snooze.
6. Believe it or not, active Eddy is the easiest, most complacent of my furbabies during nail trims. This is because all I have to do is wait for her to fall asleep on my lap, at which point she couldn't care less what I do to her.
7. Eddy is a diehard chaser of toes beneath bed sheets. In between toe hunts, though, she loves sleeping on her mama's legs at night.
8. After arriving at my house as a kitten, Eddy most quickly took to her older sister Thimble. Thimble mostly ignored her, preferring the kitten food over the kitten itself. These days, Thimble and Eddy get along like, well, sisters.
9. Eddy loves to snuggle with her big brother, Evan. He's down with that, most of the time.
10. Eddy was at first very much against the idea of living with a dog. Over time, though, Eddy has come to regard cat-loving Astrid as a tolerable frenemy.
11. As many of our regular readers know, getting a still shot of Eddy is like winning a gold medal at the Olympics. It's a sport, and a hard one to win at that.
Happy birthday, Eddy! You mama hopes you have lots of extra fun today!
Now, that brings me to our Caturday Art contribution. Today's art is, of course, for my happy-go-lucky birthday girl. She's a tabby, and it's her birthday, so this piece can serve two purposes on this grand day.
Our Tip of the Day:
If you think it's a fit for you, your family, your schedule, and your finances, please don't rule out special needs animals when considering adopting. Special needs animals are often overlooked by potential adopters, as they are often deemed "imperfect". In some cases, such as when shelters begin to run low on space or resources, this means that these sweet furbabies are euthanized before they ever get the chance to know a life of love. But, these special animals can offer just as much, if not more, love and companionship as any other furbaby. And so, if it seems like a fit for you, please consider saving a life and opening your heart and home to a special needs animal.