Friday, February 17, 2017

Happy Friday!

Welcome to the eve of the weekend! It's Friday, and we've been ready for this week's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge since, well, we posted last week's. I really do enjoy this sort of challenge, and this particular one is hosted by our good friends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


Today's fill-ins are as fun as ever. See?

1. Snow _________.
2. My favorite kind of soup is _________.
3. When no one is around, I _________.
4. _________ is my _________.

It's challenges like these that I really do need sometimes, as they give those creative juices up in my head a good stirring. This time around, here's how I fared:

1. Snow is a dangerous beauty.
(I have always loved snow. There really aren't many sights more beautiful than the earth covered in a thick layer of fresh snow. That being said, I wish snow didn't have to mean freezing temperatures, not to mention the driving and other various dangers it brings with it. Still, though, I always hope for at least one good snow every winter.)

2. My favorite kind of soup is my dad's potato soup.
(My dad makes the most delicious potato soup. It's creamy, with tender potatoes and ham chunks, and with the most amazing dumplings, which I years ago learned from my great-grandmother are called rivels. My mouth is watering just thinking of it.)

3. When no one is around, I sing at the top of my lungs.
(I sure do love to sing, but I usually try to spare those around me. When all other humans are out of range, though, I sometimes just belt it out. My poor furbabies never know whether to come to my aid or run and hide.)

4. My angel Rosie is my muse.
(Many of you already know this. For those of you who might not have met Rosie, she's the beautiful calico over there in our blog's sidebar. She was with me from the time I was 4 years old until I was 26. Talk about a friend for life, huh? I can't even begin to describe how much impact Rosie had on me as I grew up, and how she inspired me to be the person I am today. All the way from my smallest hobbies to my career path, Rosie always seemed to play a role. People I've met who are not cat lovers or animal lovers never seem able to grasp this concept, never seem to realize how much of an impact our furbabies have on us. I'm so grateful that all of you blogging friends of mine do.)


Well, I bet you all know what's coming up next. That's right, it's your weekly Eddy fix! Of course, despite all the begging and pleading I could muster, Eddy said no and no again to any semblance of sitting still this week.


Even in a sitting position, this girl is like a roller coaster.


Can I really blame her, though? She's young and happy and there is just so much for her to do and see!

That being said, it's Eddy's turn to have some superhero art, and I decided to doodle something up that I hoped might at least in part show off her true colors. With that in mind, I came up with this:


Happy Friday, everybuddy!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
We all know that there are certain scents that our furbabies dislike. It is often relatively easy to remove some such scents from the home, such as by cleaning out an odoriferous litter box, or by discontinuing the use of a perfume that your kitty or pup dislikes. There are other scents, though, such as that of certain foods, that might be more difficult to simply remove from the home. For example, many cats and even dogs dislike the smell of citrus and bananas, and of course scents such as that of cayenne pepper. If these foods are part of your diet and your furbaby indeed shows a dislike for their stench, try keeping such foods away from your furbaby and the areas of the house that they frequent most. Also, if you eat something such as an orange, wash your hands and try to remove as much of the smell as possible before petting your furbaby. Don't worry, you can still eat those favorite foods of yours, just be sure to keep in mind the proximity of your furbaby when you peel that stinky orange or sprinkle on that spicy pepper.

12 comments:

Marg said...

Those are some great fill-ins. It was fun to hear your answers. Eddy, you are such a silly girl, you just have ants in your pants and have to move around all the time. Great drawing with your cape Eddy. Take care and have a great day.

Pix said...

Visiting from Friendly Fill-ins! I enjoyed your fill-ins and we had similar thoughts when filling in!

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers as always. That soup sounds good especially on a cold day like today. I torture my kitties with my singing too, but as an added bonus my hubby gets tortured too. Angel Rosie is a perfect muse. I agree that people that don't love cats don't get it, but all us bloggers should understand. Eddy did pretty good, I can at least see r instead of a blur. Very cute drawing too. And an excellent tip, their noses are so much more sensitive than ours. I don't buy scented litters because they give me an instant headache, I can't imagine how strong that is for cats and then to have to lick their paws after.Have a great weekend!

Kitties Blue said...

Your answer to #1 was inspired, and our mom says she thinks it would be a great jumping off spot for a poem. She also likes your #3, as that is something she does as well. She can't sing worth a lick, but she loves to do so. Your art today made us think of the Wizard of Oz, and we hope Eddy and the house are not carried away. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

da tabbies o trout towne said...

white fish wavez everee one....how haz ewe been....we haz knot been gettin
email noe tizz that ya haza new post....we signed up again N we getted a note ♫ that said we waz all reddy signed up ?????

any way grate two see ewe all N we bookmarked yur page.....tell yur mom we R on R way for sum soop ~~~ !!!

heerz two a uaru kinda week oh end; himz act shoo a lee a prette awesum fish;see ya twoozday ! ♥♥♥

Lone Star Cats said...

So cute Eddy!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Eddy makes the purrfect super hero kitty! Bear gives me all kinds of dirty looks when I dare to sing out loud ... but sometimes one's just in the mood!

Annie Bear said...

Oh my goodness! I'd be willing to trade in my favorite soup for yours! Yum! I totally understand about Rosie. You're blessed to have found such a wonderful influence in her. Eddy is always fun to see. I love her hero picture!

After cutting up a lemon, if I didn't wash my hands, my cat Lucy would go crazy licking my hands. I think maybe there's a sweet stickiness from the rind. I'm not sure. It surprised me though.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your answers. They are always so heartfelt. Having a trucker husband (Bill), I really respect all weather. Snow and cold can be deadly. Bill makes a mean potato soup, too. I rarely sing loud! I absolutely love your muse thoughts. HUGS.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Purr-fect answers! Agree 100% about the snow, and potato soup...YUM! All of my cats have been a muse for me...I guess that's pretty important as a cat blogger, right?

meowmeowmans said...

We're with you about the snow ... it's pretty and all, but snow usually does come with ice and dangerous cold. And your number three is super fun. Hey, sometimes you just have to sing it loud and sing it proud!

Cathy Keisha said...

HAH! Your answers reminded me of one day TW was alone and singing loudly. Suddenly from the next apartment over came the sound of someone howling. Everyone's a critic. Eddy really enjoys life and makes a cute superhero. Pop loves bananas and I always jump on the table to sniff his banana. Also I wonder why they compound cat meds into banana-flavored slop. TW got me the tuna flavor but was surprised they offered banana.