Sunday, February 12, 2017

Soulful Selfies

I believe we've mentioned before how, for each of the past couple of weeks, we've been trying our best to manage an entry into the Pet Photography Challenge. We are far from pro photographers around here, but we do our best, and of course have fun at the same time! This past week's challenge was called Window to the Soul, which of course meant we needed to try our hands paws at getting a decent shot of the peepers of one of the furbabies in the family.

To be honest, I thought Thimble was my best bet. Usually, as many of you know, she is all about posing for the camera and turning her glam on. When I sat down with her and explained to her our mission of attaining this Window to the Soul shot, though, she got so excited that she sort of couldn't control herself. To put it simply, she practically turned into Eddy, which meant the photo shoot was a bit of a bust.

Before I could even hunt down my next best bet, that being my boy Evan, he popped into the room. What's more, being the perfect momma's boy he is, he started flashing his gorgeous eyes right at me. I managed to snap some shots of those windows to his soul, and the one I ended up entering into the challenge is this one right here:


I was actually trying to catch an eerie shot of Evan in the shadows, but he peeked out into the sunlight just before I snapped the shot. So, there you have it, Evan's windows to his soul.

But, Thimble would be very upset if I didn't share with you at least one of her attempts for this challenge as well. The excited girl managed to sit sort of still for a couple of shots, and this was one of them:


The focus ended up being more on her nose, though, and as far as I can recall that doesn't serve as that great of a window to the soul. Good try, though, Thimble!

Evan and Thimble wanted to share these shots as our selfies for this week, as our contribution to the always fun Sunday Selfies blog hop hosted by our pals over at The Cat on My Head.



And now, our last bit of business is today's art. As happens often, I felt compelled to create a piece for my angel Rosie. I was at a bit of a loss for what to do for her piece, though, until I finally just decided to make it simple and recreate Rosie's fondness for one of her most favorite pastimes ‒ napping! Rosie was a sound and steadfast snoozer, especially in her older years. She slept on my bed just about every night, and I'd always fall asleep to her characteristic purring, whistling snore, which was the perfect lullaby for me


Do any of our furiends provide their human with a lullaby each night?

Wishing everybuddy a blessed Sunday!


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Don't forget that kitties are, to put it simply, clean freaks. This fact might indeed affect some cats' behavior. For example, some kitties might start finding places to relieve themselves other than the litter box if it's not being regularly scooped and cleaned out. For this reason, do try your best to stay on top of keeping that litter box squeaky clean. And, if your cat starts acting less than thrilled about their favorite bed or blanket, perhaps that means said bedding material is due for clean. Try to also clean your kitty's bedding regularly, so that they always have somewhere clean to sleep, somewhere that meets their standards. The same might be said for the water or food bowls. No one likes to eat out or drink out of dirty dishes, and this might especially go for fastidious kitties. Be sure to clean out those bowls on a regular basis, so that your clean kitty never loses interest in eating or drinking. And how about those toys? Especially if your kitty has any favorite stuffed or cloth toys that can trap in odors and dirt, do consider regularly cleaning them as well. A freshly washed toy can be like something altogether brand new to a kitty. Never forget that cleanliness is next to, well, catliness.

11 comments:

The Island Cats said...

What gorgeous selfies! We love the eye close ups...very nice!

Marg said...

Those sure are great selfies.Love the picture of Evan's eyes. And Thimble, that is a great close up of you too. You all have a fantastic Sunday.

meowmeowmans said...

Wow! What great selfies, Evan and Thimble! Your windows/eyes are certainly beautiful, and we see love in your souls. :)

The drawing of Angel Rosie is super sweet. Gracie and Zoe serenade us with their purrs at bedtime, too. It's the most soothing sound, isn't it?

Hugs!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Evan, you have gorgeous eyes! Thimble's are great, too!

pilch92 said...

Evan and Thimble both have beautiful eyes. great job on the challenge. That is a sweet drawing of your Angel Rosie. My Sammy purrs me to sleep as he makes biscuits in my hair. Great tip too, I think all cars have OCD :)

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Ah the doorway to the soul. Lovely selfies, there is nothing ata ll about a cat that isn't purfect and a delight to see. That is a lovely drawing of Angel Rosie, it makes us smile. Purrs, ERin

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Gorgeous! Cat eyes are so stunning. Love your artwork (as always). Mudpie sleeps beside me most nights but she purrs *very* quietly...

Lone Star Cats said...

Great selfies!!

sprinkles said...

I always enjoy your Sunday posts. You always manage to post the pawfect selfies.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

oh that photo of Evan is awesome. You should put that on a canvas and hang it on the wall :)

Unknown said...

Not a photographer? Are you kidding! That is a drop-dead gorgeous shot of pretty amber eyes. I love it, and would be proud if I'd taken something like that myself.

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie