Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for...

I don't know what I was complaining about with letters like Q and U and V. Those were a breeze compared to the letter X. And that's where the A to Z Challenge has us today, with the letter X. How was I supposed to add an animal to our A to Z Menagerie today with that? Can you think of any animals that begin with X? Can you?

As for me, I had to beg the world wide web for help again. The options were very slim.


And that was the winner. An X-ray tetra. These little guys have transparent bodies, meaning you can see their innards. Talk about no privacy.


Next up, it's of course time for the Friendly Fill-Ins, hosted by friends at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


Here are the fantastic fill-ins our hosts provided for us this week:

1. A book I would like to see made into a movie is _________.
2. If I could afford a billboard, it would say _________.
3. I have a hard time _________.
4. I really enjoy _________.

And here's how I fared:

1. A book I would like to see made into a movie is Benvenuto by Seymour Reit.
(Has anyone else even heard of this book? Along with The Hobbit, this is one the books that I always remember my dad reading to my sister and me when we were little. This one is about a little boy in New York who brings a dragon home in hopes of keeping it as a pet. Though it's been ages since I've even seen a copy of this book, I always loved it and would of course love to see a fun movie version of it. Now, excuse me while I go find a copy of this to read again.)

2. If I could afford a billboard, it would say, "The best things in life are furry."
(You know that saying, "The best things in life are free." Well, I just very recently came across this furry play on that saying, and I can't get it out of my head. I would love to create a billboard with that saying, promoting animal adoption and rescue.)

3. I have a hard time being a "people person".
(I would like to say that I'm not antisocial, but let's be honest, I kind of am. It's certainly not that I don't like people, and I seem to get along fine with others, but I have nevertheless never been anything close to resembling an extrovert. I've never been a fan of going out and the like. Staying home and vegging with my furbabies is pretty much my favorite thing in the world. I sort of feel bad admitting this, but I'm even that kind of person who looks out the window before stepping outside, you know, to make sure none of the chatty neighbors are out there lying in wait. That probably makes me sound horrible.)

4. I really enjoy peanut butter and banana smoothies.
(I don't know why I felt compelled to put this answer, but perhaps it has a little to do with my newfound love of these goodies. Due to some faulty wiring in my gastrointestinal system and some resulting dietary restrictions, the only way I can have these smoothies is with frozen bananas, almond milk, and powdered peanuts. But that's okay, because I recently discovered that they taste mouthwateringly good this way, and I drink at least one a day.)


Okay, so who's ready for Eddy?


I hope you weren't looking for any great masterpiece shots this time around. Elusive Eddy was being, well, elusive. She simply refused to look at the camera.


I guess we'll have to just settle on these shots of her lovely whiskers.

Happy Friday to all!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Yesterday's tip was one on upcycling, so how about another one along those lines? If you have spare drinking pitchers lying around, you could use them to both store and pour your furbaby's food or treats. When closed up, the pitcher can help keep your pup or kitty's food fresh, which is important not only to prevent spoilage but also to keep finicky furbabies interested with fresh food. Then, all you have to do is twist the lid and pour out a bowl of goodies for them. You can be a pawesome fur parent and upcycle at the same time!

11 comments:

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers, I always do. I think that would be a great billboard, it would also look good on the drawings you make. I have never heard of that book, but it does sound like it would make a great kid's movie.I completely understand wanting to be home with the furbabies instead of socializing. The smoothies sound good too. Nice X choice, I thought I was going to have to crochet one until I went with xmas tree :) And Eddy cracks me up that she won't look at the camera, she does have nice whiskers though :)

Marg said...

Who knew about the X-ray tetra. Learn something every day. Eddy, you are looking mighty good. Love your answers to the fill-ins. You all have a great day.

Peaches and Paprika said...

Hi, enjoyed your answers too. Peanut Banana Smoothies here we come! Our human feels the same as you do, enjoying being home with US! After all, we always pretend she's the boss (even though we know WE are the bosses) and we are ALWAYS entertaining as we bet YOUR furballs are. Peaches & Paprika

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I've never heard of the x-ray tetra ... that's pretty cool! I know exactly what you mean about being around people. Being around people wears me out - and I avoid it if I can. My brother is a pastor and gets irritated that everyone seems to think that he's an extrovert just because he deals with people all day long. The true mark of an introvert vs an extrovert is that introverts have their energy zapped by being around people - while extroverts are energized by the same. It's not that introverts can't deal with people all day - they just need time to decompress and relax afterward to build their energy back up. My brother explaining it this way really helped me to understand what was going on and feel a bit less crazy - I hope it helps you too :) Eddy is glorious as always!

Colehaus Cats said...

Your fill-ins are truly fantastic today! We haven't heard of that book but we will look for it now. Our Mom is both extrovert and a wee bit introvert but she prefers animals over people when some are around. In fact, she never remembers our neighbors names but can recite all their pets names instantly - Margie, Skipper, Tess, Ben, Dutch, Dakota, Zoey, Whittles, Princess, Joey, Spot, Jazmine, Lucy, Bennie.... the list goes on and on!

Anonymous said...

Cute! We used to have these Tetras. They are cute little guys.
Good answers...especially the smoothie. Yum.

Suzanne McClendon said...

What a cool fish image!

That is a great billboard idea and adaptation of that saying. I love it. :)

Regarding #3, I don't think you sound horrible at all. We each have our own comfort zone. I am pretty much the same as you describe. I am shy and introverted and I just can't think (or function sometimes) around other people. One or two, maybe. It really depends on who they are. But a crowd? Forget it.

Oh that smoothie sounds absolutely wonderful to me! I have a lifelong love of peanut butter and bananas together. :)

Love whiskers there, Eddy!

Have a blessed day.

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

A peanut butter and banana smoothie sounds great. Suzanne makes us smoothies all the time since we bought a Nutribullet. We will have to try this soon. Have a great weekend.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Some letters are definitely harder than others! Thank goodness for the internet :) LOVE your answer to #3...I'm the exact same way. (Surprise, surprise!)

The Island Cats said...

Well, we think you came up with a clever X!

C'mon, Eddy....look at the camera! We wanna see your cute face.

meowmeowmans said...

Well, we're ALWAYS ready for Eddy. :)

Nice job with "X." We had an aquarium when I was a kid, and we had some x-ray tetras. They're cool!

I hear you on number 3. I'm sort of an introvert with the ability to step into the extrovert role. But it can drain me. I've done the peek out the window thing before, so I definitely won't judge. :)