Wednesday, September 6, 2017

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday



***
Our Doodle of the Day:
 

This doodle here gets a bit of an explanation. It is a lot like some drawings we've shared in the past, but this one was created specifically for a little boy in need of some encouragement. One of my cousins is married to the sister of a war veteran, and one of his sons has had a number of health issues since birth. Most recently, he has been put in a full-leg cast, and he is devastated. One of the things that brings him joy is getting mail, so I am one of many people who has been sending him little cards like this one here. Oh, and this pup is based off of the service dog the little boy's dad has to help him cope with PTSD. They're a family full of heroes, if you ask me.

I also made another doodle of the little boy himself. I'll share that here as well.




***
Our Tip of the Day:
To continue on with our tips for keeping allergens out of the home, don't forget that both us and our furbabies make great vehicles for allergens to travel wherever they please. When we go outside, we're walking through all sorts of pollen, dust, and other such goodies. So, to keep those allergies or asthma in check this autumn, or throughout the entire year, consider how freshening up after time outdoors might help minimize the entrance of allergens into the home. Wipe or take off shoes upon entering the home, and even perhaps change into different clothes, especially if you've been outdoors for a long period of time or have been doing activities such as gardening. Even our hair can be ridden with allergens after being outdoors, so a quick clean of that might be in store if your furbaby or yourself is known to have allergies or asthma. Of course, don't forget that furbabies who go outdoors might also be afflicted by allergens in the same way. So, upon returning home, even consider wiping down furbaby fur and feet to help rid them of any pesky allergens.

11 comments:

Fur Everywhere said...

I love your doodles! The poor boy sounds like he's had a rough time, but he also sounds resilient. I bet you'll make his day with your doodle!! <3

Smudge said...

Oh, that's so awesome of you to contribute those doodles! What a wonderful way to help brighten up the little guy.

pilch92 said...

That is sweet of you to make cards for your cousin. I would love to send him a card with one of my kitties and I bet lots of others would too. If you want to email his address, I will send one. Astrid is adorable and the drawing is too. Excellent tip. I always put my pj's on the minute I get home so no worries of pollen spreading here :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That most certainly is a family full of heroes. And I'm loving your tips for controlling allergies and asthma. I must admit I haven't given much thought to the allergens I'm bringing into the house myself! (And we cannot wait to see what you have planned for Mudpie tomorrow!!!)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

darling artwork, sending prayers for the little guy

Eastside Cats said...

Sends hugs and purrs to that family!
I've suggested that we take off our shoes at the front door, but The Hubby cannot fathom that practice, and he's the one who tracks in more crud from his boots than all of the rest of the household feet!

The Swiss Cats said...

Lovely doodles ! We send tons of purrs for the little boy ! Purrs

Cathy Keisha said...

HAH! I love how Astrid has nothing to say. Heh heh. Cute art. TW always changes her shoes and sometimes her clothes when she comes in only she dumps them in the bedroom. MOL!

M Dawson said...

Oh I LOVE the capes! I would love to swirl in one of those!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

The doodles were lovely!

TBT buys rerally good filters. They last 3 months each and when you can find them in 3-packs, they are good values.

meowmeowmans said...

We always love seeing Astrid, and your doodles today are especially special. Sending much love and purrs for your cousin's son!