Saturday, January 20, 2018

Caturday Art Canvas

The art we have to show you all today is different than our usual. No, this here human did not learn how to do digital art. Honestly, the best I can do is crop a photo and add some words in Paint. Yes, friends, I have to use the Paint program because I have no other skills with digital art.

Anyway, speaking of paint, that has a lot to do with our art for today.


I've mentioned on here before that I am by no means, at all, a painter. I love to doodle and draw, but I cannot paint. That's probably why I was a tad bit concerned when my cousin invited me to her bachelorette painting party. Not that I'm complaining about her style of party, though. I'm not the wild and crazy type, so painting beat the other bachelorette party options.

Anyway, long story short, I actually had a great time at my cousin's paint party. The above art is indeed what I painted that day. To make the endeavor of using a paintbrush on canvas a bit easier for non-painter me, I went in knowing that I was just going to paint a redo of one of my drawings. Perhaps some of you recognize this painting as being incredibly similar to some of my drawings, because it is just that.

So, painting was fun, but I think I will stick to my markers and sketchbook from here on out. They're far less stressful, at least to me. That, and cleaning up after a painting session is a bit of a drag.

We're entering this painting into none other than Athena's Caturday Art blog hop.


Do be sure to visit Athena so that you can see the art that all of our friends have created!

Happy Caturday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
We're certain we've mentioned this before, but today seems like a good day to repeat ourselves. Always be cautious when using paints and other similar products, such as varnish and the like, around your furbaby, as these products can be potentially toxic. Some paints contain components such as heavy metals and volatile compounds, and they can emit dangerous gases that could lead to irritation of the respiratory tract and symptoms such as dizziness. This can progress to dangerous situations, especially if exposure to paint and its fumes is unventilated and prolonged. Such dangers can exist for both furbabies and humans. If you are looking to paint, do consider researching the safest options possible, and the safest methods. Look into using paints labeled as pet-safe. Additionally, if and however possible, try to keep your furbaby away from areas where painting is occurring. What do we always say? It's better to be safe than sorry!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS! Well done.......!

Hugs, Pam (and Teddy too)

Marg said...

That is such a great picture. It looks real. You all have a super Saturday.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Very nice and great tip about being careful with your craft supplies around fur babies. Yinny loves to help Mommy decoupage, she has a thing about the glue so Mommy can only decoupage when Yinny is safely in another room.

Annie Bear said...

You never paint and this is your first painting? I am stunned! The shadow on the grass from the moon and the shading in the sky are so good. I love it!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It is lovely. The shading gives it such great depth.

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, that is great! Well done! I love the tones, and the depth, in your painting.

Sandee said...

I love your painting. I think it's pawsome.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the four legged furballs. ♥

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

That's a beautiful painting!

I love art but I can't paint or draw. That's why I do photography instead :)

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

The Swiss Cats said...

Beautiful ! You're really talented ! Purrs

The Island Cats said...

You can't paint? You fooled us! We love this!

Anonymous said...

WoW! I think you CAN paint...you have just not had a lit of experience with the medium!
Practice makes purrfect!
Purrs
Marve
PS I love this painting.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

It turned out fabulous! You're so talented I think you could take on any challenge!

pilch92 said...

I think you did a great job! I love that you painted a cat, usually those paint parties only have one choice. That is a great idea for a bachelorette too instead of drinking and dancing. Excellent tip too.

Cathy Keisha said...

Dunno, you say you can't paint but I look at this and think it's Pawsome! TW went to the paint pawty at Blogpaws not expecting to like it but wound up loving it but hating her painting which is still up in our living room. She'd like to get the condo painted but it's impossible with both her and my asthma.

Kitties Blue said...

This is so beautiful. Love the colors. They did a painting party at BlogPaws last year, but Mom didn't sign up. She can't draw or paint, which is why she likes to color. Even though this turned out beautifully, it's no fun to do things that stress you out. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer