Friday, May 11, 2018

Fill-In Fun

Hello and happy Friday! We're pretty sure we've used that Friday greeting a few too many times now, but hopefully you'll forgive us. Now, as usual, we're going to start with the Friendly Fill-Ins.


Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and Annie of McGuffy's Reader came up with the second two.

1. I spend _________ hours per day online.
2. When I go online, I use my _________.
3. Mother's Day _________.
4. I wish _________.

And, here is how I filled these in:

1. I spend too many hours per day online.
(I greatly value my time blogging and visiting all of you blogging friends of ours. That time is priceless to me. It's when I start frittering away precious time by way of web surfing that I feel ashamed of myself.)

2. When I go online, I use my cat-proofing skills.
(If I'm going to be doing something really important online, like paying bills or shopping, I have to put kitty blocks up around the computer. Otherwise, Thimble a certain kitty who will not be named will traipse right on over and start using the keyboard as a surfboard. I have learned my lesson the hard way, on multiple occasions.)

3. Mother's Day is a day to celebrate those who nurture.
(Whether she has human children, furry children, or anything and everything in between, a mother figure who nurtures and loves is someone to celebrate. Thank you to all of the mothers out there!)

4. I wish I had the power of healing.
(I have always thought that, if I could have any superpower, I would choose this one. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the power to heal our furbabies, our family, our friends, and even strangers?)


We now have a bit of an announcement regarding the Friendly Fill-Ins. Annie of McGuffy's Reader is taking a much-needed and well-deserved break from blogging. We are sending Annie, her furbabies, and her entire family our most heartfelt purrs, woofs, and prayers.

Now, I will be joining Ellen in hosting the Friendly Fill-Ins each Friday. I have always greatly enjoyed participating in this fun hop each week, so when Ellen approached me about being her co-host, I was thrilled and honored.

To link up to this week's Friendly Fill-Ins, and to visit our friends who are participating, click the indicated link below!

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...


***

Okay, who's ready for some miraculously non-blurry Eddy?


Just as with last week, this shot was taken during one of Eddy's intense window whiffies sessions. This usually wild girl allowed this mom of hers to snap multiple shots of her that day, which means we are treating those shots like gold and will share them slowly and steadily over the next couple of weeks.


***

Our Doodle of the Day:

This doodle I created for my angel Rosie is very, very similar to some drawings I've done in the past. But, I felt compelled to do a bit of a repeat.


Rosie was and always will be one of my heroes, one of my greatest inspirations. Oh, and for those who don't know, Rosie had a faulty eye removed at the age of 21, just a few months before she passed away. She was, as always, a very tough cookie, and she handled the eye removal like a pro. And that's why you might notice her one-eyed state in this doodle.



***
Our Tip of the Day:

The final tip in our wildlife series involves some additional things you can do to help keep the wildlife safe in their environment. First, as you all surely already know, please refrain from littering. Do not toss trash willy-nilly, but instead place it in a secure trash bin, or a recycling bin if relevant. This includes any and all items, as any variety of things can lead to dangers for wildlife. For example, the handles of paper or plastic bags can get stuck around the necks of wildlife critters, or any variety of items could be swallowed and lead to a choking hazard. And that's just naming two potential examples. These are just two of many, many reasons why littering is not ideal.

In addition, before tossing them in a bin, do your best to rinse out cans and other food or drink containers. For one, this can perhaps help reduce the likelihood of wildlife eating food that is potentially unhealthy for them. Also, rinsing food containers can also perhaps reduce the likelihood of wildlife sniffing out leftover debris and therefore breaking into and going through trash and recycling bins, something that we surely all wish to avoid.

We share this land with a great many critters. For this reason, among others, it is important that we keep this land safe for all of its inhabitants. So, please refrain from littering or otherwise contributing to situations that can be dangerous to wildlife.

14 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

Looking good Eddy!

Suzanne McClendon said...

That is great information about littering, Lorianne. The litter on the roadsides is especially worrisome and I'm sure causes a lot of animal injuries because of the cars coming along. Some people don't brake for the animals. :(

How blessed you were to have your sweet Rosie for so long. I think that is a sweet image you created for her. I'm sorry for the trouble with her eye.

That is a great photo of Eddy! I wish that I could get clear one's of Maggie's Martha. Most are a blur.

I love your answer to #3 and couldn't agree more!

Have a blessed weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! So happy you will be partnering with Miss Ellen of 15andMeowing while Miss Annie takes a MUCH needed and deserved break from Filling In Fridays......AND since we didn't know there would be a fill-in this week, we FILLED IN at Miss Ellen's blog in her comments. We just did a regular post today but will be "on board" next week as always! WOO HOO!!!

Hugs, Teddy

Unknown said...

That is a great shot of Eddy, and such a cute doodle of Rosie. I'm glad to hear you'll be co-hosting the Fill-Ins. It is a really fun hop!

Marg said...

Great picture Eddy. You are looking so good. We always like seeing the doodles of Rosie. You all have a fantastic day.

pilch92 said...

I am so happy that you said yes to co-hosting the fill-ins :) Great answers, I agree that Mother's Day is for all who nurture, just because one doesn't give birth
doesn't make them less caring. I wish you had that super power too.I know what you mean about wasting time online, I do that often on Goodreads and Pinterest.
Beautiful photo of Eddy, I am glad she let you get some non blurry ones.
Very cute drawing of Rosie, I do not recall her having lost an eye. She truly was a trooper. Excellent tips. And thank you again for co-hosting. XO

Kitties Blue said...

Lorianne, Mom is amazed at how close your completions match this week with hers. From what we know, Rosie was a super hero! XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

World of Animals, Inc said...

We were just saying at the office how your doing something online and you turn your head. Next thing you know a little someone is trying to help pay your bills. Have a great weekend. Thanks for the share.
World of Animals

The Swiss Cats said...

Great answers, and beautiful picture of Eddy ! Purrs

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Congratulations on co-hosting the hop! We enjoy participating each week.

messymimi said...

It's going to be great having you co-host, your answers are always so good!

The Island Cats said...

We enjoy your fill in responses. It's nice that you're going to "fill in" for Annie. We send her lots of purrs.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Some things are worth sitting still for, right Eddy?

Cathy Keisha said...

Woohoo! Concats on the co-hosting gig! I'll get these done but I don't know when. Eddie is a character.