Monday, June 22, 2015

Evan's Adventures

After owning it for nearly a decade, I just recently started experimenting with my digital camera's video recording abilities. I'm far from technologically savvy and tend to keep to the basics when it comes to such gadgets, which is why I've never owned a video recorder itself. Nevertheless, I've always wanted to share a video of Evan's means of ambulation and overall getting around. Now I can.

For anyone who is new to my blog and does not know, or for anyone who has simply forgotten, Evan does not have the use of his back legs. This is the result of a coyote attack that occurred just days before I met him at the age of 6 weeks. In the past two years Evan has gone from a more or less semi-feral barn kitten traumatized by a coyote attack that killed his mother and littermates and paralyzed him, to a (almost always) sweet and loving momma's boy. (His momma is perfectly content with this, by the way.)

The video is not high def by any means, but it does the job. In it, you'll see Evan start out on the furbabies' beloved Barney sleeping bag and then go into my bedroom and onto my bed. This is how the tough boy does his thing:
That's my boy!   >^..^<

4 comments:

Annie Bear said...

I'm so glad you made this video! Evan is amazing! What a precious, wonderful boy!

meowmeowmans said...

Go Evan! This is such a wonderful video. I love that Evan just does his thing -- he is amazing. And the part when he sticks his nose into the camera -- flat out adorable. :)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

YAY Evan!!!!!!! Just precious and he is so brave!

pilch92 said...

I did not know his story- wow, he is an amazing kitty. You should write a book about him.