Sunday, October 29, 2017

Gruesome Guest Selfies

Hi, everybuddy, it's Thimble here. I was all ready to snap some selfies for today, but it wasn't meant to be. My momma had something else in mind. Something pretty gruesome.

It all started when my mom brought a pumpkin into the house. It was a giant pumpkin, and I sniffed it all over, and I even tried to climb it. It was pretty cool, I decided.

But, then, this is where it gets gruesome. My momma, she grabbed a knife, and she started stabbing the pumpkin. She stabbed it all over. There were guts everywhere.

And you know what happened then? My momma posed her victim for a selfie. How weird is that?


And then my momma lit her victim on fire.


I need to ask you friends something. Do your humans ever murder pumpkins with knives? Do they set them on fire? I hope I'm not the only one with a mom like this.

Well, either way, happy Sunday! And don't forget to visit the Kitties Blue over at The Cat on My Head for the Sunday Selfies blog hop!


 
Purrs,
Thimble



***
Our Artsy Fartsy Endeavor of the Day:
 
You know what else happened this weekend? Snow flurries were flying through the air. The seasons are starting to get really confusing. Anyway, we made an ornament to wish everyone a, um, Merry Halloween?




***
Our Tip of the Day:
There is often extra traffic outside on Halloween. This can lead to a lot of extra people, noises, and other scenarios that could potentially frighten your kitty or pup. What's more, though much of the traffic on Halloween involves innocent children seeking candy, not all those out and about on Halloween are so innocent. Some people might, unfortunately, have malicious intent on Halloween. For example, sometimes black cats are targeted for cruel jokes on Halloween. For all of these reasons, please try to keep your furbabies indoors during Halloween festivities. Try to avoid walks and other outdoor activities, so as to keep your furbabies as safe as possible.

17 comments:

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Great art and great advice!
Hope your Halloween is a quiet one.
XOXO

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Now that is a cat pumpkin to be proud of and a great selfie too! Around here I keep the peep away from knives and matches, way too dangerous. MOL
This weeks art endeavour is lovely and so I shall bid you Merry Halloween!
Toodle pip
ERin

Little Miss Titch said...

great Pumpkin head from your mama,xx Speedy

Anonymous said...

Hi Thimble! My Mom and Dad apparently torture a pumpkin every year too. They whack it up with a big knife then torch it with a candle. Scary stuff.....but since it's a cat pumpkin and it's for HOWLOWEEN, I think I won't mind! We like the way you did your cats' ears. Mom and Dad will try that this year instead of the way they normally do it. IT WILL BE MY VERY FIRST HALLOWEEN!!!! I'm so excited!

Hugs, Teddy

R's Rue said...

Love.

Marg said...

Oh goodness, that is such a great pumpkin. We like the on fire part. Good job Mom.Have a really good day.

The Island Cats said...

We love that pumpkin! The mom hasn't tried to cut up any around here. We don't trust her with knives. ;)

Purrseiodn said...

Great pumpkin!

The Swiss Cats said...

Wonderful cat pumpkin ! Great selfie ! Purrs

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your creativity. I usually do some kind of cat pumpkin, too. And, I often do a scared ghost face. Bill does the elaborate monster faces. He is artistic...I am just well-intentioned.

pilch92 said...

Your mom is a great pumpkin murdered, I mean carver :) Very cute ornament too. And excellent tip.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a great cat pumpkin face.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Wow...your human is one twisted lady!!! LOL...love how the pumpkin turned out, and I adore your art!

Herman and Dori said...

I love that pumpkin kitty. I bet you will have fun crawling inside it and sniffing it's guts after the fire burns out. Hoomoms have strange behavior patterns this time of year. Wait until Thanksgiving comes...and see what she shoves up the turkey's patootie. I warn you, it ain't purrty.

meowmeowmans said...

Well, your momma may have done unspeakable things to that pumpkin, but we sure love how it turned out, Thimble!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hello Thimble,

We suspect that it is a rather common thing, what you describe. Not here, though, as we live in a land far, far, away.

Purrs,
The Chans

Eastside Cats said...

That's a kick-butt pumpkin!
And yes, many humans attack their gourds with knives, mess around in their innards, then light them on fire. Gruesome indeed!