Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Toothie Tuesday

We've been trying to give you guys a variety of Tuesday posts lately. We've done some Toesies Tuesdays, Tabby Tuesdays, Tummy Tuesdays, Tuxie Tuesdays, and even recently a Tushie Tuesday. Now, we have for you Toothie Tuesday, starring none other than Eddy's adorable snaggletooth!


Not the best shot, I'll be the first to admit, but I always just take what I can get when it comes to this elusive girl named Eddy. This girl likes to move. Eddy's photos are ridden with all shades of blur, and they showcase my lack of ability to alter camera settings in time to snap a decent shot of her. Some days, I think that maybe I should try to tweak photos like this a bit, to enhance them so that they're at least a bit, well, better. But then I remember that I have next to no skills in the world of photo editing, and so there ends that thought.

Oh, and speaking of less-than-ideal shots, this one happened during that same photo shoot as well:


Yikes.

That all being said and seen, it is now Eddy's turn to share 18 facts about herself. Our friend CK first shared these 18 facts about herself, and invited everyone to join her in the fun. Evan and Toby have already taken their turns, and now Eddy has a little to share about herself!


***


It's the one and only Eddy here now, friends! My mom said I needed to answer these questions about myself, so I did. I hope you like what I have to say!


1. Favorite smell – My dry food. Fresh dry food smells like heaven. Fish food smells great, too.

2. Last time I hissed Thimble and I like to have hissing matches all the time. Our mom says we're catty. I mean, yeah, we are cats.

3. Favorite pizza No, thanks. Human food is gross.

4. Favorite flower Flowers are too boring for my taste.

5. Favorite dog breed I'm not a huge fan of dogs. Pup Astrid is the only dog I tolerate. Sometimes, I like to chase her to remind her who's boss around here.

6. Favorite ice cream None. See #3. Human food is still gross.

7. Pet peeve When the neighbor cat shows up outside. Mom says he's our friend and that I should be nice. I disagree. He gazes in our doors and windows like a proper creep. Sometimes he even hangs from the window screen. I charge the window and throw myself at it when he does that.

8. Shorts or jeans I'll go without, thank you.

9. Color of your PTU Pink. The most evil pink thing that's ever existed.

10. Color of your eyes My mom tells me they're aquamarine. What a mouthful.

11. Favorite food My yummy dry food! Oh, and fish food. Double yum!

12. Least favorite food Anything that's not my dry food or fish food.

13. Favorite holiday Christmas! I love love love my Christmas tree. It's so fun to climb in and play in and sleep in! Hmmm, I miss my Christmas tree.

14. Night owl or morning person What is this thing called sleep? Speed naps are the only way to go, if you ask me.

15. Favorite day of the week I love when my mom stays home all day. So, Saturday or Sunday for the win!

16. Do you have a nickname? My mom calls me Eddy Spaghetti all the time. She must think herself a poet (she's not, FYI). Eddy Weddy is another one. Again, she is no poet. My mom also calls me Edelweiss. And then there are those rude times she calls me Wild Child, and sometimes Silly Girl. Oh, she also calls me Baby Girl, and I really like that one.

17. Favorite music Well, I like to sing to my mom. Sometimes, Evan and I perform duets for her. Those are fun.

18. Tattoos Maybe. Maybe not.


Well, that was fun! Do you know who will be sharing facts here on our blog tomorrow? That pup Astrid, that's who. I think the only facts needed in her case are that she's a dog and she drools. Need I say more?

Anyway, we love learning more about our friends. So, as CK said, do feel free to share these facts about yourself, too!

Purrs,
Eddy


***
Our Doodle of the Day:
 
Apparently I'm still in the mood to scribble up some bookish doodles. So, here's a special little pair of bookends that ended up in my sketchbook.
 
 


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Yesterday, we gave a lengthy tip on administering oral medications to your kitty. Today, we're hear to give a lengthy tip on the ins and outs of transdermal medications. Transdermal medications are those applied to and absorbed through the skin. A number of medications can be given this way, such as methimazole (for the treatment of hyperthyroidism) and even famotidine (Pepcid), just to name a couple. If you will be administering transdermal medication for your kitty, of course read the directions as prescribed by your veterinarian, and discuss with your veterinarian any concerns that you have.

So, transdermal medication has to be applied to, obviously, the skin. It is best applied to skin that is clean, free from as much as hair as possible, and where your kitty cannot easily lick or reach. This makes the pinna (the flap of the ear) an ideal place for applying transdermal medication.

To actually apply the transdermal medication, ensure that you are wearing gloves. As its name suggests, this type of medication does indeed absorb through the skin, and that includes your own skin as well as that of your kitty. If your kitty is on transdermal thyroid medication, for example, using your bare hand to apply it could lead to unwanted effects on your own endocrine system. So, put on disposable gloves, which are sometimes even provided with the prescription.

Next, when you and your kitty are ready and your hand is gloved, place the medication on your gloved finger. Transdermal medication is typically provided in pre-filled syringes, from which you can eject intended dosages. Sometimes it is suggested that you squirt the medication onto your index finger, but, ultimately, place it on whichever digit works best for you and for effective administration. I, personally, find it easiest to use my thumb.

Now, when you have the medication on your gloved finger, apply it to the upper to middle part of the pinna of the ear and rub it in. Again, this medication is easily absorbed through the skin, and so excess being left behind is not ideal. So, rub it in as thoroughly as possible, which of course will also ensure that your kitty is receiving his or her full dosage. Do be sure, though, that you don't end up with the medication near the inner portion of your kitty's ear.

Once you have rubbed the medication in, you can dispose of your glove. For optimum safety, you can clean it off first, such as with soap and water. Then, you can remove it using the aid of a paper towel. Then, the glove and paper towel can be disposed of, of course in a receptacle where it cannot be easily removed by any curious paws or hands. Also be sure that you put away the syringes of medication away somewhere.

All of that being said, of course try to make the medication administration process as comfortable as possible for both your kitty and yourself. You can try to do apply transdermal medications when your kitty is relaxed, as long as you are prepared and are able to safely do so without getting any of the medication on yourself or anywhere else besides your kitty's ear. You can also, of course, use treats as a reward. Just as with oral medication administration, you can use a partner-in-crime if needed, or a blanket or towel to help keep your kitty still and safe. Sometimes it takes trial and error to figure out what works best for you and your kitty, and there's nothing wrong with that!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddy Weddy????? How about Goofy Toofy in honor of your snaggletoof??? Seriously, thanks for the 18 facts....and the cute photos.

Hugs, Teddy

Marg said...

Oh Eddy, that was such fun learning all those things about you. Seems like you really like your dry food. Some of us are just the same. You snaggle tooth is terrific. You all have a great day.

ZOOLATRY said...

Will you be my friend, Master Eddy? We could make beautiful music (or whistle well) together with our snaggle-toofs!!!

Miss Zoey from Zoolatry

Peaches and Paprika said...

Eddy Spaghetti! What a fun post, You have inspired us to answer the questions soon! Love, P and P

The Island Cats said...

Oh Eddy! We love that snaggle tooth...and we loved your 18 things. We're not particularly fond of people food either.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Oh, Eddy, we hope you don't hurt yourself when you body slam that window! What a good watchcat you are!

Nice incisors!

pilch92 said...

Great photos of Eddy , she looks like a rock star in the second one. Nice to learn more about you too Eddy. Clearly, you only like your dry food. I bet you and Evan singing a duet sounds wonderful. Our PTU is pink too :) We have a lot of them, but that is the one I always seem to use.
Very cute drawing of kitty book ends. And excellent tips for transdermal meds. Have a great day!

Sandee said...

You're a handsome one tooth and all. So you don't like human food. That's a good thing.

Have a purrfect Toothie Tuesday. My best to your mom. ♥

Eastside Cats said...

Some terrific teefs photos, Eddy! And that doodle...too cute!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

We love getting to know you better, Eddy! One thing that's obvious? You're ferocious in just about every way ... you're always in something and can't sit still ... those teeth and the yawn ... we admire you for living your life so brightly and thoroughly!

The Swiss Cats said...

We love your teeth photos, Eddy ! And we enjoyed knowing more about you. Purrs

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have a cute tooth Eddy. You gave interesting answers too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Eddy, you look fierce! I love that snaggletooth so much. I think you love your dry food as much as Mudpie does :)

meowmeowmans said...

It sure was fun learning those facts about you, Eddy! And your snaggle tooth is awesome. Oh, and so are ALL your teefs in that second photo!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Those are some impressive fangs, Eddy!

Cathy Keisha said...

You are a rock star Eddy so thanks for playing along. I love human food maybe a bit too much. Like you I like fishy foods and would prefer dry but TW won't give me dry.