Thursday, May 28, 2015

My sweet angel Rosie.

Today, exactly three weeks after losing her, I will be picking up my sweet Rosie's cremated remains from the emergency vet where we took her on her last day. They also used her adorable little feet to make some clay paws for me. And I also requested some of her fur, some of all three of her beautiful colors. This will all be coming home with me today, to my new house, so that my baby girl Rosie can be there with me even more so than she already is now.

I'd be lying if I said that this all wasn't bringing tears back to my eyes, as it's chipping away at the scab that's started to heal over for me. But I will be glad to have my beloved angel Rosie's remains safe and sound with me, and I will always and forever cherish them alongside my wonderful memories of her.


3 comments:

Annie Bear said...

Oh, sweet Rosie. I'm not sure that grief ever ends although it does get softer with time. I know these reminders bring up the sadness but are also cf

Annie Bear said...

I'm sorry! I accidentally hit publish without realizing it while I was still typing.

It sounds like her remains are comforts for you, which is so nice, even though of course it brings up the sadness. I love that picture of her.

meowmeowmans said...

We are glad Rosie's remains are home with you. It's understandable that this could bring about more tears and sadness, but I think it's part of the process. That sadness never really goes away, but I believe a time will come when your memories of sweet Rosie bring you more happiness than sadness.

We have our Angel kitties' remains here with us, and they really are a comfort to us.

Purrs and prayers to you.