Friday, January 21, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! Shall we have some fun with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? Let's do just that. Feel free to join in! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ is music to my ears.

2. My favorite kind of soup is _________.

3. If I were going to migrate or hibernate for the winter, I would go to _________.

4. I would _________ if I _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. A cat's purr is music to my ears.
(Need I say more?)

2. My favorite kind of soup is potato soup.
(Specifically, my dad's potato soup recipe. It involves chunks of potatoes, ham, and even this delicious dumpling sort of component.)

3. If I were going to migrate or hibernate for the winter, I would go to my living room couch.
(Exciting, huh? Honestly, though, I'd choose to hibernate in my house. I'd curl up all winter with some good books and and some kitties and a pup. That sounds like the perfect way to live all year round, actually, so maybe I'd just hibernate 12 months out of  the year.)

4. I would run some sort of animal rescue if I had the resources.
(One of my goals in life is to do more animal rescue, especially when I can take proper time away from my full-time job and find and use the proper resources to save cats, dogs, and other animals in need. I'd love to run some sort of animal rescue, yes, but I'd also settle for volunteering more with those that already exist. Honestly, I really just want to do more for animals in need.) 


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix?


That there is a flashback from a couple of years ago. We don't have snow on the ground right now, but we are expecting some on Sunday. Eddy loves watching it snow through the window, so she hopes to snap some more shots like this this weekend.

Have a fantastic day, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

The mixture of cold air outside and dry heat inside during the winter months can lead to skin that is dry, itchy, and flaky. For this reason, it could very well be a good idea to keep a humidifier going in your house, to help keep the air and your furbaby's fur and coat as moist and comfortable as possible. Do be sure to keep in mind your kitty or pup's activity level and favorite areas to play or run when placing the humidifier, though, in order to avoid spills and other risks that might come with a humidifier. In a strategic, safe, and secure place, though, a humidifier can help keep the air moist and a cat or dog free of the discomfort of dry skin and coat.

It's also worth it to note that another way to reduce your furbaby's dryness and itchiness in the winter is to minimize or eliminate baths, as well as to dry them off when they come indoors and are wet with snow or rain. Brushing them regularly can also stimulate the natural oils of their skin, which can further help keep their fur and skin from drying out. If you do notice your kitty or pup's skin and coat is dry and itchy during the winter, and especially if you cannot get an easy handle on it, you can certainly discuss the issue and further solutions with your veterinarian.

11 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Great fill-in answers! Stay warm.

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins! Seems like many of us had the same answer for #1. Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. My 1 and 3 were the same. :) And I would love to start a rescue too- too bad we don't live near each other so we could join forces. Cute shot if Eddy and I like the drawing too. And your tips are always great. XO

Eastside Cats said...

The Hubby has a pot of water on the stove going 24/7, adding humidity to the air. We have humidifiers too; just depends on what mood he's in for what!
I hate giving sparking shocks to the cats!

Marvelous Marv said...

We LOVE your fill-ins! The Mom's favorite soup is potato too! But she does not make it any more. Our human brother is allergic to nightshades (so not tomatoes or peppers either). Your Dad's sounds scrumptious! And we love the flashback photo of Eddie and the Art! We hope you have had a marvellously happy week! Purrs Marv

Cathy Keisha said...

Cool answers! Looks like Eddy is hiberating in the cat tree. Our friend use to volunteeer with a rescue but kind of started her own when a local hoarder died and left 28 cats in her apartment. Liz has vetted most of them and found homes for about half. It is a full-time commitment but not being a real charity, she can't raise $$ and has to pay most from her own pocket.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love your answer to #3! Hope you get some snow this weekend :)

messymimi said...

Eddy, if you want snow, i hope you get it.

Working with animal rescue is a beautiful thing.

My Tata's Cottage said...

You and Ellen each posted two different sets of fill in's. It was fun, I did all 8 of them. I am late so I apologize. Have a good weekend.

Smudge said...

Mom would most certainly say dad's homemade chicken potato vegetable soup would be her fave, and you are the most awesome for your #4 answer.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Mum agrees with 3 of those fill-ins. She's never had potato soup.