Friday, July 24, 2026

Friendly Fill-Ins, Christmas in July, and a Kooky Cat Café

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ is my favorite kind of cake.

2. The best part of my week was _________.

3. I _________ in a room full of strangers.

4. If I opened a restaurant, it would be called _________ and would serve _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Peanut butter with chocolate frosting is my favorite kind of cake.
(I've always loved anything peanut butter and chocolate, and that includes peanut butter cake with chocolate icing. It's moist and honestly just tastes amazing. In close second place is a basic yellow cake with chocolate icing, but I also love yellow cake with cherry or lemon icing. I also wouldn't turn down a double chocolate cake. That all said, I don't eat sweets very often, as I just don't feel great when I eat them. But, when I do have cake, I'd happily scarf down some peanut butter cake with chocolate icing.)

2. The best part of my week was the arrival of Friday.
(I've had a relatively uneventful week. Nothing awful happened, but nothing all that great happened either. But, I'm currently very happy it's Friday. I just have to get through work today, and then tonight and the next two days I can hang out with my kitties and do my favorite weekend hobbies of drawing and writing. So, TGIF. Oh, and it's also time for my festive movie night for Christmas in July, so I'm also looking forward to that.)

3. I tend to stay in the corner in a room full of strangers.
(I'm not a very social person, and interacting with strangers is not my strong suit. That's why, when stuck in a room full of strangers, you'll likely find me in the corner. I'm also a corner dweller because I don't really like people being behind me, which perhaps makes me sound a tad bit paranoid.)

4. If I opened a restaurant, it would be called Graveyard Dishes & Hisses and would serve creepy and kooky foods.
(As the name of the place might suggest, you would find not only food here, but also cats. It is, after all, a cat café. Or perhaps more like a cat restaurant, but I digress. I know this is such an odd yet specific answer, but that's because I actually created this very restaurant for the world that exists in the weird and wacky book I'm writing. And now, if I were to open a restaurant in the real world, it would simply be this one. Graveyard Dishes & Hisses not only serves spooky-all-year-round sorts of food, but also some feline-inspired baked goods, like the Frankenstein's Meownster. That's the cupcake that's on the restaurant's sign, which I actually drew a couple years ago. I've shared it before, but at the end of this post I'll share that doodle again in order to give a small glimpse of Graveyard Dishes & Hisses.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Today is July 24th. Does that make it Christmas Eve in July? In case it does, Eddy decided to share a photo of her sitting beside her year-round Christmas tree.


Merry Christmas Eve in July! Or, you know, something like that!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

In case you missed it, see Fill-In #4 above for the explanation of today's doodle. The short story is that this is the sign for Graveyard Dishes & Hisses, my weird, fictional cat café/restaurant that serves creepy, kooky food all year long.


I want to note that you were supposed to get a new Christmas in July doodle today, but I apparently forgot to scan it. Or maybe my scan just didn't save. I'm not sure what happened, but I don't have the image to upload like I thought I did. That's okay, though, because we still have time for Christmas in July and so you'll see that doodle very soon.



***
Tip of the Day

Do you want or need to monitor your furbaby, even when you aren't with them? Items such as baby monitors don't have to be used for only children of the human sort. Baby monitors, or similar products, can be used for our furbabies as well. Depending on what type of monitoring you need, you can look into monitoring devices that allow you to hear, see, or locate your furbaby. For example, there are monitors and cameras that you can place in your home that allow you to view your furbaby and what they're up to, even if you're away from home, such as by using the internet, apps, or other similar means. There are even devices on the market that can be attached to your furbaby's collar and that take video of what they've been up to. Another method of keeping track of your furbaby includes more or less putting some form of tracking device on them. For example, there are GPS or other similar devices that can go on your furbaby's collar. This is something that might come most in handy if you have a dog or cat who goes outdoors.

All in all, if you want or need to keep an especially close watch on your pup or kitty, such as when you're away from home, there are ways to do this. You might wish to keep an eye on a new puppy or kitten, a sick or geriatric furbaby, a cat or dog with separation anxiety, or something else along those lines. In such cases, determine whether monitoring, such as when you're away from home, might be beneficial, and then research the best types of monitoring systems for your particular situation.

No comments: