Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Fill-Ins

Those of you who visit us regularly probably know that each week we enjoy participating in the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge.


The ladies behind 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader are the wonderful hosts of this challenge, and they always give us fantastic fill-ins.

1. I am far too _________.
2. To save money, I _________.
3. _________ matter(s).
4. _________ makes me think _________.

I had to strap on my thinking cap for these, that's for sure.

1. I am far too content where I am to pack up and leave.
(This may seem like a strange answer, but I have actually had to say this out loud to others on many occasions. I have had a lot of people, such as neighbors and acquaintances, comment on the fact that I still live in the town where I grew up. Upon learning that I never left my roots, some people look intrigued, others look bewildered, and others outright ask me why I never wanted to go out and explore the world. The answer is that I like it here.)

2. To save money, I cook and eat at home.
(I hardly ever eat out. This is partially because of some dietary intolerances and restrictions, but also in large part because it really does save money. Sometimes I look at restaurant menus and think, "Seriously? I could cook that at home for a fraction of that price!" Then again, I like my food pretty plain and simple, so it is especially easy for me to eat healthy at home for a decent price.)

3. Believing in oneself matters.
(I am a huge advocate of believing in oneself. While some things may not be easy, if you have a little faith and optimism and at least a dash of self-discipline, almost anything is possible.)

4. Evan makes me think that anything is possible.
(I guess this sort of goes along with my answer for #3. My mancat Evan is proof, at least in my eyes, that anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself. For those who don't know, Evan is hind limb paralyzed. I used to worry myself sick that he would not be able to get around well, that he would hurt himself trying to get up and down from furniture, and all that paranoid stuff. But you know what? I worried for nothing, because Evan himself learned how to make do with what life threw his way. With unwavering dedication and plenty of zest for life, Evan showed me good and all that he can run and play, and even climb and jump. It's those like Evan who helped me truly realize that anything is possible.)


Now, of course, it's Eddy turn to star in this post. If you were hoping for another classically blurry, less than superb shot of Eddy, you're in for a real treat.


This is how you avoid having your picture taken. Eddy's a pro at that.

 Happy Friday!


***
Our Artsy Fartsy Endeavor of the Day:


We figure a lot of our blogging friends might be able to relate to this, so we're giving this magnet away to one of you, along with another goodie or two. Just comment on this post if you're interested. We'll randomly select a winner on Sunday night and announce the winner on Monday.


***
Our Tip of the Day:
Is your kitty, or even your pup, a water dumper? Especially cats often like to dig at their water bowls, one reason being that this mimics the motions they make as kittens in order to stimulate their mama cat’s milk production. If your kitty is one of those who turns a water station into an ocean, there are ways to help prevent this. First, you can simply try using heavier bowls. Stainless steel bowls with weighted and often skid-proof bottoms might be one solution, for example. Sometimes even simply a thick, heavy ceramic or glass bowl that does not easily give in to a cat’s slapping paws will do the trick. You can even try getting a skid-proof mat, on which you can place a skid-proof water bowl to help even further reduce the chance of spillage onto the floor. There are also bowls on the market that are meant to help prevent spillage from digging, such as bowls situated in a stand with grates, so that spplashed water can drain into a basin beneath the bowls rather than onto the floor. If all else fails, you could even attempt a bowl that is in some way attached to the wall or floor, so that thecbowl is unable to move altogether. In such a case, though, still always ensure that the bowl can be removed as needed for cleaning and freshening.

8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Having cats has taught me so many thing, most of which is RELAX! At least, they keep teaching me that but I'm a very slow learner...hehehe! I really like your doodles; don't know if I've mentioned that before or not.

Anonymous said...

Good grief. If you have found happiness where you are, go with it! Some people never feel that! Believing in yourself goes with that, too. Evan is special, and you are, too. HUGS.

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating, you always have such wonderful answers. I feel the same way you do about #1, aside from college, I have lived in my town my whole life and I am content to do so. Although, as I age,it gets sadder because there are many ghosts of what used to be like my childhood home that burned down 2 years ago ( we no longer owned it). Eating out is expensive and food at home is healthier and cheaper.
Please count me in on the giveaway, that magnet is too cute. And Eddy is adorable too. Great tip, I am lucky to have no water dumpers. Have a nice weekend!XO

da tabbies o trout towne said...

eddy...what...noe fish tank foto bombz two day !!! :) well, therz plentee oh time til next fry day ta come up witha plan !!! yur magnetz awesum N we wood like a chance.... happee week oh end.....see ya next week ♥♥♥☺☺☺

Yvonne said...

Great answers! Love the pic of Eddy!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That magnet is SO purrfect for bloggers!!! I knew Mudpie was settling right in when she took a nap on my laptop just a week after she moved in LOL. And I'm so with you on restaurants...the prices are just insane nowadays. Not worth it at all when I think about the better ways that money could be spent.

Annie Bear said...

Your autumn banner is just wonderful! I enjoyed reading your answers. Eddy never disappoints! I can't tell if she's on the fish tank but I think she is.

That magnet is adorable. I'd love to be in the drawing.

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Being content where you are is a good thing. We would be happier if we lived outside the town limits and did not have to deal with people. Have a blessed week.