Saturday, September 30, 2017

Caturday with Cat-o'-Lanterns

Today is one of those days when I share with you a somewhat strange little doodle. Sometimes ideas just pop in my head, and then I go with it, and then I stare at it wondering why my brain works the way it does. Anyway, though this piece may be a bit odd, here are some cat-o'-lanterns for you nonetheless.


As is perhaps obvious, I am already excited for Halloween. I have always enjoyed this spooky holiday, probably at least in part because it falls in my favorite season. Carving jack-o'-lanterns is one of my favorite Halloween festivities, and when I mixed that with my love for kitties, the above doodle happened.

Now, of course, do be sure to visit Athena for the Caturday Art blog hop and see all of the amazing art that all of our friends have to offer!


We are wishing all of our friends a happy Caturday!


***
Our Tip of the Day:
We all strive to keep our kitties and pups happy and healthy. In order to do this, it is important to recognize signs and symptoms of an ailing furbaby, so that we can catch things early and do our best to keep them feeling their best. This is why our next series of tips will be about how to recognize and understand some of the signs that might mean your furbaby is sick.

We'll start today with one of the first signs that a cat or dog is sick, and that is the coat and skin. In a sick animal, you might see a shift from soft and sleek fur to that which is instead dry and dull. Oftentimes, the fur will even become "feathered" in appearance, with it sticking together and sticking out in clumps. This is a sign of dehydration. In addition, the skin may become dry and dander may become prevalent. Also due to dehydration, the skin may lose elasticity and may have a more sagging appearance. Such issues often arise because the skin and coat are some of the first parts of the body to be neglected if ill, since the body will instead be focusing its attention on maintaining other more vital organs of the body. For example, cats with ailing kidneys or a faulty thyroid will often have lackluster skin and coat since their body is focusing on keeping the ailing organs functioning. So, do be sure to keep tabs on that fur, as it can say a lot about how your furbaby is feeling.

10 comments:

Marg said...

Those are such terrific cat o'lanterns. We like those a lot. You all have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest cat o'lanterns we've ever seen! :)

pilch92 said...

I love your drawing, that is so adorable. Great tip too. I was surprised Phoebe's fur looked amazing despite being so sick, I think it was the B12 shots that helped keep is shiny.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I love your cat o'lanterns. Much better than traditional Jack o'lanterns.

Cathy Keisha said...

This is great art; same with your header. TW keeps looking at a Halloween kit in the soopermarket that has a template to carve a cat face. You are so talented. I have to hire you to make a CK doodle.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

those are sooooooooo cute!! catchatwithcarenandcody

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Fantastic art as always!

It's our fave season too :)

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

The Island Cats said...

OMC! We love the cat-o-laterns!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

So adorable!!! Where can I get my paws on a cat o'lantern???

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Cat-o'-Lanterns we loves them.