Friday, September 15, 2017

Fun Friday

We sure do love when Friday rolls around. Then again, who doesn't? As always, we're starting this Friday with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by our good friends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


You can always trusts our hosts to create some clever fill-ins.

1. I have broken _________ bones.
2. When I go out to breakfast, I order _________.
3. As Summer officially comes to an end, _________.
4. Before this year is over, I really need to _________.

My level of clever is debatable, but I at least tried.

1. I have broken zero bones.
(I have never broken any bones or had to get stitches. Sometimes this shocks me, as I've never really been a cautious person.)

2. When I go out to breakfast, I order eggs.
(To be honest, I don't eat out much, especially not for breakfast. But, if I were to, I'd definitely order eggs. I would probably go for a side of breakfast sausage as well, but eggs would be the priority. I like eggs in just about any form, and I've actually just recently discovered a love for making omelettes. I'm sort of terrible at it, but I'm a work in progress.)

3. As Summer officially comes to an end, I'm becoming eager for the holidays.
(Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite holidays, so my favorite time of the year is just around the corner.)

4. Before this year is over, I really need to build a cardboard kitty castle.
(Strange answer? Well, the kitties here love them some boxes, of course, and for the longest time I've been saying that I would take some boxes and figure out how to build them a fun little castle out of them. At this point, I'm thinking that could be a Christmas gift for them, so I should probably get on that.)


Who can guess what's next? Anyone? The answer is, of course, Eddy!


Eddy's back at it, being her blurry, active self again. In this shot, she's doing one of her favorite things, and that's chasing the water droplets that get stuck on the underside of the fish aquarium's lid. Sometimes I think she gets more fun out of chasing those droplets than watching the fish. To each her own!

Happy Friday, everybuddy!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:
 
Eddy said it was okay if I shared a doodle of a pup today, especially since this one's for a good cause.


This is another card we doodled up for that little boy in our extended family that we told you about recently. This little boy is a couple years old and is currently in a full-leg cast, likely for 6 or so weeks. His mom has said that one of the few things that really brightens his days lately is getting mail, so we've been sending him little cards like this.



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Steer clear of products with potentially dangerous chemicals, such as certain lawn treatments and detergents. These types of products can be dangerous for a number of reasons, just one of them being that some of the chemicals in them that have been found to be potentially carcinogenic, both for your furbabies and yourself. For this reason, always do your research, check ingredients, and when in doubt, simply do not use it.

15 comments:

Dash Kitten Crew said...

I like the droplet chasing idea! we need an aquarium now!!!!!!

Marg said...

Your fill-ins are terrific. The Mom here doesn't go out to eat much either. Great drawing and how great to send that little boy mail. Poor thing. Have a wonderful day.

Eastside Cats said...

Funny, but I too just realized that I haven't broken any bones either, although I've had stitches from foot surgery. And I am NOT very coordinated. People need to think about how the chemicals in their lives might impact both themselves and their two-footed and four-footed family members.

Anonymous said...

Definitely do the castle! You would do it well. I always do some version of this for rescue minions. The adults don't care, until they see the minions having fun. Then they sleep in it, when the minions are sleeping. I never broke anything until two years ago. I went for over 50 years! It happens. Omelettes are great! You will get it. It is an art! *wink* HUGS!

pilch92 said...

I always enjoy your fill-in answers. I saw a book at the library called Cat Castles by Caren Oliver. Your library must have it too, it had a lot of cute projects to inspire you. Those are my 2 favorite holidays too :)
Very cute drawing for your cousin. And Eddy is adorable, as always. Excellent tip too. I am very careful about what I was our floors with for fear it will get on their paws and they will lick them.Have a nice weekend! XO

ZOOLATRY said...

Happy Friday .... hoping your Friday "Fun" lasts all weekend!

Colehaus Cats said...

Great fill-ins! And Eddy's photo is adorable!

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

I've never had any broken bones either. I had stitches when my wisdom teeth were removed - but that's it. I guess we both got lucky. I'm certainly not what anyone would call graceful ... it's a miracle if I don't burn myself when I cook - and I refuse to iron for the same reason :)

The Swiss Cats said...

We love your answers ! Lovely picture of Eddy ! Purrs

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a sweet picture of Eddy. I have broken too many bones over the years, mostly horse related.

The Island Cats said...

We hope you get the castle made. The kitties demand it!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That does look like fun, Eddy! I love your idea for #4. My answers to #1 and #3 are exactly the same. For breakfast I'm more of a pancake girl :)

Patricia said...

Fun fill-ins. My catkids would love a castle...if they knew about them. Eddy looks like she knows how to enjoy herself.

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

We would rather have a bare yard than to use something dangerous to pets or people. We don't have little ones, but our neighbors have several. We would not want to make our grand-dog sick, either.

Kitties Blue said...

We cannot wait to see your architectural skills and the kitty castle. Our mom has saved various boxes to do this on several occasions and then never does it. Please inspire her! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy