Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Selfie


I consider you all to be great friends, so I feel comfortable and compelled to share with you all that my maternal grandmother passed away yesterday. This is not the grandma I mentioned in yesterday's post, as that is my paternal grandmother, who is now my only living grandparent. I will be posting here on our blog this week like usual, because it brings me joy, but my posts might be a bit on the short side, and I will probably not be finishing many new doodles this week. Things are strange these days, and my family isn't yet sure how this will fully play out considering the current condition of the world. We should be able to have some semblance of a funeral, but there are a number of extra details that have to be ironed out because of the pandemic.

Thank you all for being our friends. Your kindness and support means more to us than we could ever express.



***

Flashback Doodle of the Day

As I mentioned above, I don't know that I'll be able to finish many new doodles this week. The newest series of winter doodles I'm working on were mildly inspired by a series of doodles I created back in 2018, though. So, for the next couple or few days, I'll go ahead and share that older series of doodles. By the time we've shared all those, I'll surely have finished the new doodles that were somewhat inspired by this older series. Anyway, here's just one of those flashback doodles of which I speak.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip on caring for ferals and other outdoor cats is to perhaps consider offering them toys, such as inside a shelter you've set up for them. Cats are cats, and even feral cats often have a healthy instinct to play. Pick toys that will not scare them, and toys that will not make them fear being heard by predators. For example, perhaps avoid toys that jingle, squeak, or that make other loud noises. What's more, when picking out toys for them, also pick those that can be easily cleaned. Pick toys that are plastic and can be soaked and washed if dirty, or toys made of fabric that is able to be easily and thoroughly washed. Even ferals and other outdoor cats often have a desire to play, so perhaps do consider offering them toys that safely allow them to do so.

9 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Lorianne, we are so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. Please know you and your family are in our hearts and prayers, and that we are sending you love, comfort and all good thoughts.

XO

Kevin, Tracey and Ava

messymimi said...

Please accept my condolences for your loss. Your family will be in my prayers as they navigate this difficult time. Remember your self-care, as you cannot be of any good to those who need you if you are not taking care of yourself.

Marvelous Marv said...

We are saddened to hear of your grandmother's passing. We do understand how difficult it is with these unsettled times. We send you Purrayes, virtual hugs and strength.
Kitty Kisses

catladymac said...

We are sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother. Sending prayers and purrs.

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry for your loss- please give my condolences to your family too. Nice selfie and flashback photo. Good idea to give ferals toys, they deserve fun too. XO

Timmy Tomcat said...

We send you our purrs and prayers of support. Our dearest live always in our hearts

Eastside Cats said...

Hugs and purrs to you and yours.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Oh my goodness I don't know how I missed this on Sunday but I'm so very sorry for your loss!

Pam and Teddy said...

So very very sorry for your loss.....................

Hugs, Pam and Teddy