Friday, September 16, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. Are you? We'd love for you to join us! My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ news is _________. 

2. Sometimes I _________ to amuse myself.

3. _________ is the reason that I _________.

4. _________ would be my superpower of choice.


My answers are below in bold.

1. No news is not always good news.
(I've never really liked when people say that "no news is good news", because I'm pretty sure everyone has lived through a time or two when this has proven to be nothing but false.)

2. Sometimes I watch kids' TV shows and movies to amuse myself.
(There are days when I'm just in the mood for some really lighthearted entertainment. One second I'm watching a gory horror movie, and the next I'm happily sitting through How to Train Your Dragon.) 

3. My furry family is the reason that I do what I do.
(I didn't know how else to word this. I work jobs that I sometimes don't enjoy to give my furbabies the best life I can, I decorate my house in all sorts of weird ways to fit their needs, and all that usual jazz related to being a cat and dog mom. My world revolves around my kitties and pup, and I wouldn't have it any other way.)

4. Healing would be my superpower of choice.
(I almost put speaking to animals as my superpower of choice, but then I realized that being able to speak to animals could potentially be a very sad experience. Being told in animals' own words what they've experienced at the hands of cruel humans would be devastating. So, I'd perhaps rather be able to heal, and that of course includes healing the furry friends and family in our lives.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.


***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? You kind of get one. Sort of. You see, Eddy was yet again a bit distracted by window whiffies during this photo shoot.


The only photo in which Eddy looked at the camera was when she gave the window a cute little rub with her head in this blooper here:


Eddy and all of us here wish you a fantastic Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of they Day




***
Tip of the Day

Today's autumn pet safety tip is about candles. As the weather cools and holidays begin to approach, many folk feel compelled to light some cozy, deliciously-scented candles. That being said, always be careful with candles, and any open flames, around your furbabies. If you do light candles, keep them only in areas where your furbaby cannot reach. For some furbabies, putting lit candles up on a high shelf might suffice. Many cats, though, might still be able to reach candles on shelves and other similar surfaces. If you do have such a furbaby capable of this, yet you also wish to light a candle, then consider measures such as keeping your kitty or pup out of the room where the candle is lit. The long and short of it is to never leave lit candles anywhere that a furbaby can reach, and certainly not unattended. Otherwise, a kitty or pup might find themselves burnt, or might knock a candle over and increase the risk of fire. If you cannot ensure the safety of your furbaby and home, then simply refrain from lighting candles.

It's also worthwhile to note that certain items associated with candles should also be considered dangerous and off-limits to furbabies. This would include matches and lighters, for example. These items should be kept tucked safely away, just as lit candles should.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Love your fill ins! I especially love your answer to #4. Great Eddy pics. The second one is adorable. Have a great weekend!

Kathe W. said...

excellent advice about candles! We do not use them as the fire danger is more than I want to worry about! Cheers!

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, do these images of you make your butt look big?
Hahahahaha!
I love being a cat mom, and The Hubby has even mentioned that he would wear a "I'm a Cat Dad" t-shirt if I ever found one that he liked.

pilch92 said...

Great fill-in answers. I had the same for #1 and similar for #4. Very cute drawing and Eddy never disappoints with her photo fails. Great tips, No candles here, only battery operated ones. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

There must've been some good whiffies out there!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins and excellent photos of Eddy! Love the top tip about candles, we're trying to spread the word too on our Cat Hazards posts.

TurtleLover said...

I like your "healing" vs "speaking to" animals choice. Very interesting thought and I totally agree with that!

messymimi said...

Kid shows are often the best there are! We picked the same superpower.

Eddy, you rock!