Monday, September 5, 2022

Mancat Monday with the Blanket Thief

Hello and happy Monday, friends! We were MIA over the weekend, for the simple reason that we were working out some technical difficulties. We should be back up and running now, so here we are!

So, it's Mancat Monday. Today, resident mancat Evan is yet again showing you all how he loves to nap next to this mom of his.


That is indeed Evan snoozing on one of his blankets. And by "his" blanket, I mean he took the blanket I was using. One second I was snuggled up under it, and then suddenly it belonged to Evan instead. Story of my life.

How about a closer view of this handsome cutie? You're welcome in advance.


If you were curious, those photos were taken on roughly the first day of September or thereabouts, when I was watching a spooky movie, because 'tis the season.

Speaking of stolen blankets and spooky things, I'll go ahead and share today's doodle now. It's one I scribbled up after seeing an ad for a piece of ghostly Halloween decor sold at none other than Cracker Barrel.


The actual piece of decor sold in stores doesn't include the orange kitty. That part was inspired by Evan. And this isn't the first time I've shared a doodle like this. I've scribbled up and shared at least one Halloween doodle along this same vein in the past. Honestly, though, ghosts are often depicted as figures covered in sheets, and since cats are known blanket thieves, surely there's been a ghost or two hindered by this fact. It just makes sense. Well, at least in my head it does.

Happy Monday, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

Today's autumn pet safety tip is about those mushrooms we often see growing all over the place this time of year. The honest truth is that the majority of mushrooms that we see growing outside don't pose a huge risk to our furbabies. However, a small population of them are a real danger. What's more, it's often difficult to distinguish between the different types of mushrooms, especially if you don't know all that much about these fungi. Therefore, especially if you aren't familiar with types of mushrooms and the level of risk they pose to your furbaby, do be sure to monitor your furbaby when they are in your yard, on a walk, or anywhere mushrooms are growing. Prevent your kitties and pups from gnawing on and ingesting any mushrooms, so as to ensure they are safe from any hazards certain mushrooms might pose.

4 comments:

pilch92 said...

I would give up my blanket to Evan too. Very cool drawing. I want to go to Cracker Barrel now. Great tips too.

Eastside Cats said...

Evan, taking things that belong to your human must be in the cat rule book or something.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I can hardly believe it's finally September!!! And would you believe there are no Cracker Barrels near us? I want to visit one SO bad!

messymimi said...

He's a good man cat and has to do some quality control checks on that blanket of yours!