Friday, February 24, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Hello and welcome to the day of the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge! We'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. An item discontinued that I want brought back is _________.

2. I would _________ every day if I could.

3. It's almost time for _________, and I can't wait.

4. _________ were the good old days.


My answers are below in bold.

1. An item discontinued that I want brought back is Astrid's favorite Purina Alpo canned food.
(It's been years since Astrid's favorite kind of canned food was discontinued, and we still struggle to get her to regularly eat any other brand of any flavor. She's one of the pickiest dogs I've ever met.)

2. I would stay home with my kitties and pup every day if I could.
(I've said this so many times you're all probably beyond tired of hearing it. I am a major homebody, though, and one of my goals in life is to at least mostly work remotely from home. Honestly, Evan is one of my main reasons for this. He is very attached to me, and as he gets older he seems to be starting to develop some separation anxiety, so I'd love to be home with him more during the work week.)

3. It's almost time for morning birdsongs, and I can't wait.
(I don't know if I'm in a minority with this, but I'm actually a major morning person. I often get up before the sun. In the winter it's so quiet when I get up, which I don't mind, but I do love early spring when the birds are all playing a little soundtrack outside in the morning.)

4. Any days with my furbabies were the good old days.
(This of course relates to past and present furbabies. Any days I get to share with them are the best days ever.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


You better believe our resident blooper queen Eddy has some outtakes to share. Today, Eddy wanted you all to see her off-center and, of course, blurry.




Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Since we've been giving a variety of food tips, today we figured we'd give a quick reminder on how to transition your cat to a new food, if needed. If a kitty is transitioned to a new food too quickly, a variety of gastrointestinal issues could possibly result, vomiting and diarrhea included. For this reason, it's generally recommended that you transition from the old food to the new food over a span of seven days or so.

To transition your cat to a new food, you can start by adding a small amount of the new food to the old food on the first day. Then, of course, you add more and more of the new food each day. On the final day of the transition, your kitty's food bowl will contain only the new food. Of course, when changing foods, keep in mind your particular kitty's overall status. If your cat is a finicky eater, whether by nature or due to age or an ailment, you may have to do a slower transition over a longer period of time, in order for them to accept the new food. In other cases, such as if your kitty is having adverse reactions to their current food, a more rapid or immediate transition might be necessary. This is of course something to discuss with your veterinarian. During any transition, of course keep an eye out for any adverse reactions. Alert your veterinarian of any concerns you have, and stop or slow the food transition as needed or as instructed if issues arise.

9 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Edie, you are so cute!

pilch92 said...

Great answers. I wish I had thought of that for #4. And I am probably in the minority, but I find birds chirping annoying. :) Cute photo fail. And excellent tips. XO

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins and great Eddy pics. Have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

You are so right with any day with those we love, people and fur, are the good old days.

I'm a morning person, and i do enjoy hearing the birds as i go to my car very early to get to work.

Astrid should meet Coda, my granddog. Coda eats anything if it doesn't eat her first.

Thanks for the Eddy fix!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love those bloopers! We chose a pet food for #1 too MOL

Meezan said...

Lol...those pictures are funny! I can so relate to your number three fill-in. I am a morning person as well. I love getting up before the sun. I like winter, but I also look forward to hearing the birdies in the spring. They are known to start around 4 a.m. around here and I love it! :-)

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Marvellous fill-ins today, and we definitely agree with #4!

Cathy Keisha said...

Eddy, parts of you are looking good!

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

You are a sweetie, Eddy, even if you're half, or blurry😸Great advice on the food. We changed food when Granny saw that our nosies got a dirty border and she couldn't find the reason why in the first place, because they got 'the best food', according to the pet store and reviews, but when she changed it to another brand, that she trusted more, we never had a 'dirty'nose again😺 Great fill-ins especially the 4th answer💗Extra Pawkisses🐾😽💞