Thursday, February 16, 2023

Thankful Thimble Thursday: Not So Tiny Toesies

Hell and happy Thursday, friends! Thimble is ready for Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.


Today, this little tabby girl Thimble is grateful for her adorable little toesies.


To be honest, Thimble's toesies actually aren't all that little, at least not for her size. She weighs in at 10 lbs and is a rather short and small little thing, yet she has huge feet for her little body. That said, her paws are nothing compared to her 25-lb littermate Trapper's giant feet. He has monster paws. I'm pretty sure I have a photo of his feet from one of my many visits to my parents' house, so I'll have to find that and show you soon.



***

Now, how about we finally share the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.

1. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that _________.

2. I am disappointed with _________.

3. I _________ when I hear _________.

4. I didn't believe _________ until I saw it for myself.


We'll see you tomorrow, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback doodle is a rather random winter one. I believe it was actually an illustration for a poem I wrote for Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge (which I really do intend to begin participating in again soon). I saw it when going through old doodles, and it stars my angels Rosie and Sammy, whom I have not shared nearly enough lately, so I simply had to pick it.




***
Tip of the Day

We're still in National Cat Health Care Month, so we're not done with this topic just yet. We've previously mentioned using interactive toys to keep your cat active, as well as to help control their eating habits. These types of toys can also play a large role in another aspect of a cat's life, though, and that is with regard to mental stimulation. Just as with us humans, cats' minds need to be exercised just like their bodies do. Without mental stimulation, a cat can become unhappy and can act out, such as with unwanted or even dangerous behaviors, like aggression. Toys and games are just one way that you can help keep your cat's mind active and healthy.

Another method for giving your cat's mind a workout is to ensure they have a good view out of at least one window, but preferably many windows throughout the house. Watching birds, squirrels, and other wildlife, as well as people and even cars, can give your cat something to watch and something to stimulate their mind. Cats are natural predators, so of course having a view of birds and squirrels, for example, is something that they often greatly enjoy. You can put furniture, a cat tree, or even a box near a window, or even a secure screen door, where your cat can perch and watch out.

Also, don't forget the wonders that a TV or computer can work. Some cats greatly enjoy watching movement on the television, such as if they can see on the screen other animals and wildlife just like they might see out the window. The computer is also great for this. Some websites even have games or screensavers designed specifically for cats' enjoyment. Of course, do be careful that the TV or computer and any related parts and pieces are safe for your kitty, and that your kitty is safe for them.

There are many ways you can ensure that your kitty has proper mental stimulation. So, to keep your kitty happy and healthy all around, try to find their favorite means of engaging that mind of theirs.

5 comments:

pilch92 said...

Those are very dainty toesies. Cute drawing and great tips too. :)

Eastside Cats said...

You are cute from the tip of your tailio to your pretty pawsies, Thimble.

messymimi said...

Those are precious toes, no matter the size.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You have adorable toesies, Thimble!

LOULOU said...

Thank you for suggestions for keeping kitties involved. I’m 13 going on 14 and don’t play much now but I love the garden! And the idea of putting a ping pong ball in my food was brilliant. I eat on a flat plate much more slowly…you are a genius. At least it’s the same amount haha.