Friday, December 8, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Festive Eddy

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Some of my favorite Christmas songs are _________ and _________.

2. I like to watch _________ every year at Christmastime.

3. I would call this the most _________ time of the year.

4. If I were on Santa's naughty list, it would probably be because _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Some of my favorite Christmas songs are "Carol of the Bells" and "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas".
(I enjoy pretty much any and every rendition of "Carol of the Bells" that I hear. I've just always loved the tune, and I'm especially sold when it's played on cello or other strings. On perhaps the other end of the Christmas song spectrum, I also love "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". It's just too cute and festive to not like it.)

2. I like to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on repeat every year at Christmastime.
(I've mentioned before, even very recently, how National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is my favorite Christmas movie. I don't know if I've admitted, though, that I watch this movie many, many times throughout the Christmas season. I often watch it on a daily basis, even if it's just playing on the TV while I get chores done. I find it the perfect mixture of festive and funny, as well as an accurate depiction of the absolute chaos that Christmastime can be.)

3. I would call this the most festively frantic time of the year.
(Every year, I try really hard to reduce stress and such during the Christmas season. After all, that's not the reason for the season. The problem, though, is that I just really enjoy Christmas and festive baking and sending cards and gifting to my family and all that jazz, and so juggling all of that usually leaves me feeling festively frantic.)

4. If I were on Santa's naughty list, it would probably be because my kitties told him I have yet to give them any squeeze-up treats.
(I've been meaning to purchase squeezable treats for my kitties for roughly an eternity. But then I forget and simply fail to do so. Mudpie would be so disappointed in me. But, part of my kitties' Christmas gifts are some squeeze-up treats, so they will finally get to try some.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Your Eddy fix for today involves this little tabby girl giving you another little sneak peek of her beloved Christmas tree in my bedroom, that being the room in which Eddy prefers to live away from most of the other kitties in the house.


Do you see the little lights shining on the tree back there? And can you see that red ribbon at the top of the tree?


Eddy has a number of other photos starring her and her tree to share over the next couple of weeks. You'll soon be getting a glimpse of Eddy's rather abusive relationship with the poor red ribbon on that there Christmas tree.

Have a festive Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

We mentioned a certain squeezies-loving tortie named Mudpie in our Friendly Fill-In #4 above, and so here's a doodle she inspired a couple years ago.




***
Tip of the Day

Did you know that poinsettias are not as deadly for your furbaby as is often believed? Of course that's not to say you should be feeding poinsettias to your furbabies as an afternoon snack, as they can indeed cause irritation of the mouth and stomach. But, poinsettias are in actuality not the most dangerous of Christmas decorations. It's festive plants such as mistletoe and holly of which you should be even more cautious. Mistletoe can cause issues such as vomiting, diarrhea, decreased heart rate, and difficulty breathing. Holly can also cause vomiting and diarrhea, and sometimes lethargy or even death. Needless to say, always be cognizant of what plants and other decorations are in your home. To be safe, it is likely best to simply keep your home free of Christmas plants.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. I love the Eddy pics. Have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

I just want to smooch your wee noggin, Eddy!

messymimi said...

Eddy, i just love seeing you!

Festively frantic is a wonderful way of putting it, and the hippo song is one of my favorites, also. As for squeeze up treats, if they don't know about it, it won't hurt them to do without it for another few weeks.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. That is a good movie. I know what you mean about being busy this time of year. We need more hours in a day right now.
I love these photos of Eddy. They really show off those beautiful eyes. Nice drawing and great tips. I will still skip the poinsettia. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Our all-time favorite doodle!!! MOL on your #4. Get ready to start a savings account to support your kitties' upcoming squeezie account! (Just warning you...)