Friday, December 1, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Festive Eddy's Eyes

First and foremost, I'm sorry for yet another late post! November was one of the busiest months we've had at my workplace, and it really affected the time and energy I had for my hobbies, like blogging and drawing. I'm taking on far less tasks in December, though, and from here on out, to be honest. So, the Christmas posts should very soon be far more regular and all that festive jazz.

That said, I'm now taking one of my breaks at work to get this post actually published. Of course, we're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I feel like _________.

2. By the end of the year, I want to _________.

3. December is the month that I _________.

4. My house looks like _________ during the holiday season.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I feel like time is flying.
(Surely I'm not the only one?)

2. By the end of the year, I want to create a workable plan for 2024.
(I have a number of projects and endeavors I want to accomplish next year, some being creative projects I've been working on for many years. I really want 2024 to be the year for those poor, oft neglected goals of mine. Luckily, I'm someone who actually loves having a plan and loves having a routine, so I'm going to sit down throughout this month and create for myself at least a loose plan and schedule that could help me accomplish more of my goals in 2024.)

3. December is the month that I have mixed feelings about.
(I love Christmas. Let's put that out there right off the bat. Christmas is one of my all-time favorite times of the year. I also enjoy the beauty of winter, and as a kid it was my favorite season. In recent years, though, I realize that I've been struggling to enjoy winter like I used to. I think it just comes down to a mild circulatory disorder I developed about a decade ago. It's absolutely not a life-threatening disorder, but it makes my thermoregulation a bit wacky, and it affects me the most in the winter. So I love Christmas, and I like December overall, but I've also gotten to where I don't look forward to the coldest days, the times when I have to clean snow off of my driveway and car, and that sort of thing. But, Christmas is still amazing.)

4. My house looks like a festive mess during the holiday season.
(I do my best to keep a clean house, but I'm far from perfect. I do try to keep it clean in the hygienic sense, but my house is also absolutely lived in, and it looks it. After all, I live with 6 cats and an 80-lb dog, so I don't call all the shots. This time of year, add Christmas trees and all sorts of random holiday decor to the mix, and my house is a holly jolly land of chaos.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Luckily for you, it's time for your Friday Eddy fix. Like Thimble did yesterday, today Eddy is giving you a little sneak peak of her Christmas tree. As for this human, I'm excited to yet again share how absolutely gorgeous Eddy's eyes are.


See the Christmas tree and its vague little lights behind Eddy and her cat tree? And, do you see those stunning aquamarine eyes?


And, of course, we can't forget that adorable snaggletooth. I love Eddy's little face so much.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We seem to be repeating old tips these days. 'Tis the season, apparently. That being said, over the next few days, we'll be repeating some Christmas safety tips that we've shared in the past. How about we start with that good ol' Christmas tree? To begin, if you put up a Christmas tree, make sure it is securely in place. This is especially important if you have a kitty or pup who enjoys climbing or otherwise giving the tree lots of attention. You can try putting the tree in a corner of a room, if that helps to keep it safe and upright against furbabies. Moreover, to be extra safe, you can find a way to anchor the tree to the floor, wall, or even a heavy, sturdy piece of furniture. There is also the option of weighing down the base of the tree, such as with weighted bags, as long as they are of a safe and secure sort. Another option, especially if your furbaby is overzealous in their love for the Christmas tree, is to block their access to it altogether, whether that be with baby gates, closed doors, or other means. Whatever it takes, if you put up a Christmas tree in a home with a tree-loving furbaby, do be sure to try and find a way to prevent a fallen tree and potential injuries.

4 comments:

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers except I am sorry you get cold so easily now. I prefer the lived in look, it is cozy. Those are adorable shots of Eddy. She is a cutie. I like the drawing and your tips are great. Have a nice weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You're the cutest, Eddy! I have mixed feelings about December because once it's done there's nothing to look forward to for months (when Halloween starts hitting store shelves in August!)

messymimi said...

Eddy is beautiful! Those eyes are mesmerizing.

You have my sympathy on the thermoregulation. I am cold and I won't properly thaw out until spring, and sometimes the cold is downright painful.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Pawesome fill-ins, and Eddie is looking truly furbulous in her close up today!