Friday, January 12, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Tree Time

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Wouldn't it be nice if _________.

2. I don't mind buying used _________.

3. I have a strange habit of _________.

4. I have enough _________ to last a lifetime.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Wouldn't it be nice if our furry friends could live as long as us?
(I wish our kitties, pups, and other furry companions could live forever, or at least live lives as long as the average human. I know I'm not the only one who wishes that were the truth.)

2. I don't mind buying used cars.
(I'm still driving the first I car I ever bought as an adult, and I got it used almost 13 years ago. If buying a used car means paying less for a car that is still in good shape, then a used car it is for me. I've heard horror stories about the current state of the car buying world, though, so I don't know how easy it is to find good used cars these days. But, if and when possible, I'm a used car buyer.)

3. I have a strange habit of intentionally wearing mismatched socks.
(This started out of necessity years ago, when one day I simply couldn't find a matching pair of socks while in a hurry. I grabbed what I could find quickly and so wore mismatched socks that day. For some reason, that started a real trend with me. I don't know if I've worn matching socks since, because I guess I just find it fun for chaos to exist on my feet. I also enjoy wearing a lot of funky socks, and so sometimes one foot will be covered in corgis riding skateboards, and the other will be covered in popcorn. True story.)

4. I have enough syringes to last a lifetime.
(This is such a weird answer, I know. But, as Evan's pile of medication syringes toppled and covered the counter recently, I figured this would be an apt answer for this. Every time I get a new bottle of Evan's gabapentin solution, the vet gives me anywhere from 1 to 3 new syringes to go with it. He's also been on many rounds of antibiotics and other medications that have gifted me with countless other syringes. I also religiously clean and reuse syringes, so that has landed me with dozens upon dozens of syringes in my kitty medication stash. I used to have a fear of running out of syringes, having had multiple furry family members over the years who have needed oral medications, syringe feedings, and that sort of thing. I shouldn't have to worry now, though.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Well, given that Christmas is being deconstructed at our house tomorrow, Eddy wanted to share some final photos of her and beloved Christmas tree. The ones she most recently snapped, though, are bloopers. What's new?



These bloopers are indeed blurry shots of Eddy playing on her cat tree beside her Christmas. Eddy sure loves her trees.



In truth, you don't have to worry about Eddy missing her Christmas tree. Though the red ribbon will be removed from the tree with the season over, Eddy gets to keep her Christmas tree all year round. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but Eddy has greatly loved Christmas trees since kittenhood, and so I put one up in my bedroom for her and decided to just never take it down. I try to decorate it for various holidays, but sometimes Eddy just removes all the decorations, so it's often just a tree getting abused by a cat in the corner of the room.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip relating to the care of ferals and other outdoor cats is to be aware of where you store potentially dangerous products. Antifreeze, for example, is toxic to cats and dogs, as you all certainly know. Make sure that you are not only storing such products well out of the reach of your own indoor kitties and pups, but also well out of the reach of ferals, strays, and even wildlife. Even if you have it in the garage or shed, do consider keeping it tucked well away, such as in a cabinet, so that nothing can reach it. Especially if you have your garage or shed door open at times, there is the chance that a cat or wild animal will be able to make their way inside and thereby have access to any products that are not hidden away. Also keep this in mind with pesticides, fertilizers, cleaners, oil, and other potentially dangerous products. Think of whether even an unsuspecting outdoor visitor might make their way into your garage, shed, or other storage area, and hide away anything concerning or questionable just in case.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh yes, definitely #1. Fun Eddy pics!

Have a great weekend!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photo, Eddy! I can't understand why anyone buys a car brand new. It practically loses half of it's value the minute you drive it off the lot! I also can't understand people who have to change vehicles every few years just to say they have a new car.

pilch92 said...

Great answers. I wish I had thought of that for #1. I know what you mean about the syringes. I added a bunch to the medical kit my nieces play with. I love the idea of mismatched socks on purpose. :) Nice shots of Eddy and cute drawing. Excellent tips as always too. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...


1. Wouldn't it be nice if canned cat food came with Nip in it.

2. I don't mind buying used computers if they stayed working for long.

3. I have a strange habit of "wishing" to have a fire in the basement fireplace, but seldom do. I rented a house once with a living room fireplace and had them often.

4. I have enough shoes and clothes to last a lifetime. And plastic shopping bags. I use them to dispose of cat litter. The State Govt keeps threatening to make them illegal, so I save them.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Pawesome fill-ins, and we totally agree on #1! Wishing mew a supurr Caturday!

messymimi said...

Our children outlive us because we teach them to live without us. We outlive our furry family because we teach them to live with us.

Used cars are a wise idea.

Mismatched sox are something of a trend. My Bigger Girl used to wear them on purpose, too. There is a sock company called "Little Miss Matched" which makes little girls' socks and none of them in a set of 6 match, although all of them go together, if you know what I mean.

Thank you for the Eddy fix! I'm glad she keeps her tree all year.