Friday, February 16, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Snow Day

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. The 2020 pandemic taught me _________.

2. A game I enjoy playing is _________.

3. My perfect _________ would include _________.

4. If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life, I would choose _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. The 2020 pandemic taught me that I truly don't get out much.
(When the world shut down during the pandemic, not much changed for me. I work at an essential company, and so I still went to work every day. Other than that, even in good times, I don't go many places. I did start using grocery delivery services during the pandemic, but that was mainly because when I would go to the store in the evening after work, a lot of the food and other necessities would be out of stock, so I just started doing early day grocery deliveries to my mom at her house while I was at work. Other than that, though, things just kind of stayed the same for me.)

2. A game I enjoy playing is Wordle.
(Every day, I play the online word game Wordle. I also always play Quordle, Squordle, Octordle, and Connections. I unfortunately don't play a whole lot of games these days, but I do look forward to those every day.)

3. My perfect home would include a playroom for my cats.
(Like most people, I have a lot of big dreams that would be included in a dream home. One of the biggest is an extra fun room for my cats. I'd also love a catio for them, and perhaps those two could be one in the same.)

4. If I could only listen to one song for the rest of my life, I would choose Blue Öyster Cult's "(Don't Fear) The Reaper".
(It was between this or Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now", but when it comes down to it, "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" is possibly my favorite song of all time. Anytime it starts playing in a movie or TV show, I immediately get excited and start singing along, so it seems like a good choice.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? We know you are. After a tiny bit of a heat wave, we're now getting some snow today. Eddy is of course giving it a good watch out the window.


Eddy loves snow days. That white stuff falling from the sky is one of her favorite things to watch.


Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

We have a couple more tips related to this National Cat Health Care Month. These last ones are some random bits and pieces to help keep your kitty as happy and healthy as possible. Today it's all about those ears. Just as with humans, our kitties' ears can get a bit dirty. Wax can accumulate in a cat's ears, and can even become impacted. Your vet will often check your cat's ears during their regular exams, but in between those times, if needed, you can help keep your kitty's ears clean at home. The safest thing to do is to ask your veterinarian not only if and how often your kitty needs those ears washed, but also what ear cleanser to use. Many veterinary offices will have pet-friendly ear cleaning solutions available. Some of these simply require that you drip some in the cat's ear and then rub the base of the ear. It can often be as simple and easy as that, if that is something your veterinarian thinks is of benefit to your kitty.

Also related to ear health is allergies. Airborne allergies can lead to itchy ears, just as can food allergies. Ear infections can result from such allergies, or from other potential causes. No matter the reason, always be sure to keep an eye on those ears. Does your kitty hold one or both ears down? Does he or she scratch at them? Are there scabs or hair loss around the ears? Are the ears warm to the touch? Do they have a strange odor to them? Ear infections, or other issues of the ear, can of course manifest in a variety of ways. So, if you have any concerns, do discuss the topic with a veterinarian. If there is an infection, antibiotics for the affected ear or ears will be necessary to treat the infection. Infections in the ear can lead to permanent damage if left untreated, so though it may seem like a small concern, that's not necessarily the case.

The ears are just one of the many parts of your kitty that can affect their overall health and happiness. So, keep an eye on those ears.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful Eddy pics.

I play Wordle too. It's fun.

Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed your answers. I love Wordle and I just read about Nerdle and want to try it. A cat room would be great- maybe you can add on someday. Beautiful shots of Eddy. Cute drawing and great tips. My angel, Stinky used to get ear infections from certain foods. Have a nice weekend. XO

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, enjoy the snow!
A whole bunch of us can't wait to never see another flake this season; wishful thinkers.

messymimi said...

Wordle is fun. Eddy, watching you watching snow is fun, too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You have the sweetest face, Eddy! I felt the same about the pandemic. Life really didn't change all that much for me.

catladymac said...

We hadn;t realized Eddy had such beautiful eyes ! Purrs !