Friday, February 2, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Window View

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Some people make their own _________, but I prefer store-bought.

2. February is a good month to _________.

3. _________ was the best part of this week.

4. As a child I _________, but as an adult I _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Some people make their own bread, but I prefer store-bought.
(When I was a kid, my dad made bread in a bread machine all the time. It was delicious. I'd actually love to whip up some homemade bread, but a few years ago I developed a gluten intolerance. I have tried making gluten free bread myself, but it never turns out well. So, when it comes to gluten free bread, the store sells versions far better than I can make.)

2. February is a good month to work on indoor projects.
(I love being home and so I work on indoor projects all the time, all year long. That said, February is the last month where it'll likely be cold for the majority of the month. Come March and April, it'll be warming up and grass will need mowed and all that outdoor jazz. So, this month I'll try to finish up any larger indoor projects I might have going.)

3. Reading was the best part of this week.
(It hasn't been the best week, in large part because poor Evan is still not acting his usual self. Even medicated, his giant aural (ear) hematoma is really just plain and simply annoying him. It's a long, slow process for it to heal, and I feel so bad for him. All that said, I started a new book over the past week. It's nothing but action-packed brain candy, and it's exactly what I needed. It's called Dungeon Crawler Carl, and if you look it up, yes, it's as weird as it looks and sounds. And that's my wacky reading taste. Reading this wild book while cuddling poor Evan has brought me a lot of strange comfort this week. Also, the book stars a tortie Persian cat named Princess Donut who, after a certain turn of events, can talk and shoot lasers out of her eyes. This chaotic story has brought me so much joy this otherwise not-so-fun week.)

4. As a child I loathed meatloaf, but as an adult I crave it.
(My mom makes the best meatloaf. She just made it the other day for our weekly family dinner. As a kid, I hated meatloaf night. I loved red meat, but in the form of meatloaf with ketchup on top, I could barely swallow it. Now, as an adult, I get so excited when I find out my mom made meatloaf. I had more than my fair share when my mom made it the other night, and she also then sent me leftovers, and they survived only a day.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Now, it's time for your Friday fix of adorable Eddy. Today, this tabby girl was a tad bit too busy enjoying a view out the window to look at the camera.

We've been having some days that aren't all that cold lately, and so I opened Eddy's window in hopes of getting her to sit still for the camera. She indeed did, but of course why would she look at the camera when there are birds and squirrels and neighbors to spy on.


Have a fantastic Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

With February being Spay/Neuter Awareness Month, we are giving some tips on this significant topic over the next couple of days. Today, we have a few words on how a kitty or pup's health can benefit from being spayed or neutered. Just to give a couple of examples, spaying a female cat or dog can eliminate the risk of uterine cancer or infection, and can reduce the risk of mammary cancer. For male cats and dogs, neutering can eliminate the concern of testicular cancer and can reduce the risk of diseases of the prostate. Of course, pregnancy itself can be risky, so a spayed cat or dog is also free of unexpected pregnancy and the dangers that come with it. There are a great many other health benefits that can potentially result for having a cat or dog spayed or neutered. Due to their reduced risks of various diseases, spayed or neutered cats and dogs are sometimes more likely to live longer, healthier lives. So, of course, spay and neuter your pets. And, as we mentioned yesterday, also consider assisting with or donating to the neutering efforts of feral colonies, so that these furbabies can also live as healthy of lives as possible.

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Eddy is definitely locked in on her view. She's such a cutie. Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

Great answers except about poor Evan. I am glad you have a good book to distract you. I love meatloaf- I want some now. Nice shots of Eddy, she looks like she is smiling. Cute drawing and excellent tips too. XO

messymimi said...

Meatloaf is an acquired taste.

Thank you, Eddy, for at least holding still.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Happy Friday, Eddy! I haven't had meatloaf in years. I never cared for it. Maybe I would feel different about it now! The book became very interesting to me when you mentioned a tortie character ;)

Smudge said...

Eddy sure looks cute watching something so intently. My dad makes fun of me because most times when he and mom try to be all cutesy and loving with me, I look away from them like this. Uh oh, dad read "meatloaf" and started to drool again. Gotta go help him clean up.

Eastside Cats said...

Although we've been vegan for decades now, the memory of a meatloaf sandwich is a good one.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Great fill-ins, and until we purrchased a breadmaker for BBHQ, store bought was best, however the breadmaker does make a purretty mean loaf! Eddy mew are looking furbulous sweetie!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...


1. Some people make their own cooked dried beans, but I prefer store-bought.

2. February is a good month to clean the basement.

3. Getting active and sleeping less was the best part of this week.

4. As a child I just played with cats, but as an adult I more take care of them.