Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Down by the Creek with Angel Astrid

I've mentioned many times over the years how our neighborhood has a creek that runs through it, and that offers some nice scenery on walks. As I've also mentioned many times, I'm so grateful I have photos of walks with Astrid, including many times when we visited the creek.


This girl was always so intrigued by the water and the critters we'd see in or around it.




Astrid actually preferred when we saw ducks or other birds, as winged friends were some of her favorite to observe. But, she also always checked the water for little fishies and such, which we on occasion would see. When we did see things moving around in the creek, Astrid would tilt her cute little head from side to side as she watched them. I loved it so much.

Happy Wednesday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

A while back I scribbled up some pencil outlines for drawings that were going to be this year's summertime spooky doodles. I ended up liking them better as actual Halloween doodles, though, and so I adjusted them and am already getting those ready for September and October. That means I never got any new spooky drawings done for this summer, though. But, luckily, I scribbled up so many lengthy series of such doodles in the past that I still have a ton of flashbacks to share in that vein. Like this kooky spring or summer one starring my calico angel Rosie and none other than some zombies rising from their graves.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip on taking your kitty to the vet is one that we're sure all of you have heard, and that is to get your kitty used to the carrier. The first and foremost way to do this is to keep the carrier out, in sight, and accessible all the time. If the carrier is tucked away, then it very well may simply become a source of fear when it comes out once a year. Keeping it out at all times can help combat this.

What's more, try to make the carrier a place of comfort or fun. For example, place a cozy blanket in the carrier, so that it can perhaps be seen as a place to nap. You can also place toys in the carrier, as well as treats. Or, you can try to use the carrier as a feeding station, such as by putting one of your kitty's bowls of food in there. The carrier could also be where your cat is given treats. These methods can help your cat associate the carrier with things that are cozy, fun, or commonplace, in turn helping it to be seen as less of a threat. All in all, help your kitty get used to the carrier by turning it into a place where good things happen, rather than simply a place in which once a year they're locked up and taken somewhere unfamiliar. Associating the carrier with happy experiences can potentially make vet visits a bit less scary for the kitty in your life.

No comments: