Hello and happy Thursday! As always, Thimble is here and ready for Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.
Thimble hopes you all get to enjoy both sunshine and snoozes today!
***
Now, of course, we have the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.1. The older I get, the _________ I get.
2. I frequent _________.
3. Back in my day, we _________ at school.
4. I _________ during these last few weeks of summer.
***
Flashback Doodle of the Day
Today's flashback doodle is a kooky one. It's in the same vein as another one I shared this week, but even more weird. The short story is that a couple summers ago I was in a spooky mood and was doing a rewatch of the first season of the show Wednesday. The severed hand Thing in the Addams Family got me thinking, which resulted in me wanting to create a kitty version of it. So, I drew this severed kitty leg, and though you can't see it in this particular drawing, others I created at the same time prove that the black kitty is suspiciously 3-legged.
Don't mind the armless skeleton. He was inspired by someone I saw online who drives around with a plastic skeleton in their car, except his arms fell off. So, I decided to recreate that here as well.
Oh, and the kitty and its severed leg now make appearances in the current story I'm writing. Because I can.
Oh, and the kitty and its severed leg now make appearances in the current story I'm writing. Because I can.
***
Tip of the Day
In case you haven't seen our past couple of tips, we're currently in a series all about decorating your home around the furbabies in your life. Today's tip on this topic is to use couch or chair covers, or even just regular blankets, on your furniture. This can help protect the furniture beneath from excess pet hair, as well as from all varieties of accidents that can happen in a home with kitties or pups. If needed, you can also look into the various moisture resistant couch covers and blankets that are out there, to indeed protect furniture from vomit, urine, and all that jazz. We also mentioned in yesterday's tip that you can use furniture covers or blankets to help protect couches and chairs from kitty claw, or even claws of pups. In addition, some cats or dogs might be a bit more on the greasy side, such as Sphynx cats or furbabies with certain ailments, and furniture covers can also help keep couches and chairs clean in this way as well. There are covers designed to fit and protect entire pieces of furniture, or you can simply place a spare blanket on your furbaby's favorite chair or on their favorite part of the couch. Either way, furniture coverings can help protect your couches and chairs from direct damage. Whereas it's not exactly easy to clean an entire chair or couch, if you use a cover, you can easily remove it and throw it in the wash.




No comments:
Post a Comment