Monday, August 31, 2026

Mancat Monday: Beds and Books

It's Mancat Monday, and so Evan is of course here to grace you with his presence. Today he's again showing off his favorite bed, which he does admittedly love to have loaded with blankets.


The layer of blankets does spare Evan's poor bed, since my boy is indeed urinary incontinent. I got Evan that bed for his birthday last year. It's already pretty worn down from ample use and abuse, but he still loves it so much, and that makes me so happy.

Happy Monday to all!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

When Evan wasn't in his bed like above this weekend, he was cuddling me on the couch as I worked on my weird book-in-progress. I was really hoping to finish writing the first draft in August, but it doesn't look like I'll manage that. I'm honestly really close, though, so I'm not too upset. I should be able to finish the story in September. It's a wacky fantasy tale co-starring none other than a hind limb paralyzed kitty inspired by my boy Evan. And that's why last year I scribbled up this doodle of Evan with some sort of manifestation of our book.


Don't worry, because it's not just my boy Evan that inspired the book. All of the furry babies in my life, including my angels, have at least some sort of cameo in the story. This is made possible by a few animal loving characters, a cat café sort of restaurant in the story, and the kooky world's K9 police officers. Weird, huh?



***
Tip of the Day

Today is our last tip relating to those feline vet visits. This tip is actually far more of a general one, though, and it's to remember your veterinarians, vet techs, and all of the staff at your vet clinic on special occasions. Whether it be Christmas, Veterinarian Appreciation Day (June 18th), Veterinary Technician Week (the third week of October), or another similar day, do consider sending some appreciation to those at your veterinary clinic. You can send a simple card, some flowers, a basket of goodies, or anything that demonstrates your appreciation for all they've done for your furbaby and yourself. Sometimes, being a veterinarian or veterinary staff member is a thankless job, or one that is forgotten in the shuffle. So, if you appreciate what your veterinary clinic has done for any and all of your furbabies, then do consider being one of those grateful customers who expresses their appreciation.

No comments: