Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.
1. _________ sparks my creativity.
2. _________ zaps my energy.
3. My dream _________ would have _________.
4. _________ is the silliest way I've injured myself.
My answers are below in bold.
My answers are below in bold.
1. Cats and books spark my creativity.
(As is the case for many people, a lot of things spark my creativity. Cats, dogs, and all animals. Books, movies, TV. Nature. My favorite holidays, namely Halloween and Christmas. But, when it comes to my creative outlets of drawing and writing, cats and books are two of my biggest inspirations.)
(As is the case for many people, a lot of things spark my creativity. Cats, dogs, and all animals. Books, movies, TV. Nature. My favorite holidays, namely Halloween and Christmas. But, when it comes to my creative outlets of drawing and writing, cats and books are two of my biggest inspirations.)
2. Socializing zaps my energy.
(Need I say more?)
(Need I say more?)
3. My dream home would have a huge library.
(I'm not really interested in having a big house, as I like feeling more cozy. But, in my normal-sized home, I would love for the biggest room to be a library for my hefty collection of books. For a variety of reasons, I'll very soon be reorganizing and relocating certain things in my home, and as a result I'm going to be turning one of the bigger rooms of the house into my library. I'm really looking forward to that. Oh, and don't worry, there will still be plenty of toys and beds in there for the kitties.)
(I'm not really interested in having a big house, as I like feeling more cozy. But, in my normal-sized home, I would love for the biggest room to be a library for my hefty collection of books. For a variety of reasons, I'll very soon be reorganizing and relocating certain things in my home, and as a result I'm going to be turning one of the bigger rooms of the house into my library. I'm really looking forward to that. Oh, and don't worry, there will still be plenty of toys and beds in there for the kitties.)
4. Reaching for a roll of toilet paper is the silliest way I've injured myself.
(I won't go into detail on a story related to the bathroom, but I once dropped and therefore had to reach for a roll of toilet paper. I ended pulling a neck muscle, and that injury has since flared up many, many times over the years. Early last year I aggravated the old injury badly enough that it ended up spreading into shoulder pain for which my doctor had to prescribe me extra-strength anti-inflammatory pain meds. And now that shoulder pain also flares up every few months. All because I dropped a roll of toilet paper something like 20 years ago.)
Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.
You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.
***
Are you ready for an Eddy fix? We know you are. Today, Eddy wanted to share one of her attempts to watch out the window. The problem is that this window's blinds don't always work well, which means we can't always raise them very far. Which leads to annoying blinds in Eddy's face while she's trying to spy on wildlife and neighbors.Eddy hopes you all have an unobstructed, unbothered view out the window today!
***
Flashback Doodle of the DayToday's flashback summertime spooky doodle is a bit more in-your-face than some of the previous ones we've shared recently. But vampires exist all year long, right?
***
Tip of the DayToday's tip for taking your cat to the vet is to consider using a pheromone spray, such as Feliway. A synthetic pheromone such as this can potentially have a calming effect for your cat. One idea is to spray the pheromone into your cat's carrier, or onto a blanket placed in your cat's carrier. This could potentially help make the experience of getting into the carrier more calm for your cat, as well as potentially make the car ride and time at the vet a calmer experience. Also consider taking the pheromone spray with you to the vet, where you can spray it in the air in the exam room, or again spray it on a blanket or toy you might have brought along to the vet for your cat. Of course a pheromone spray isn't always guaranteed to work, and it might not work the same for every cat, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to try it in case it might help your kitty feel calm and soothed.



1 comment:
Here's mine
https://pensitivity101.wordpress.com/2026/08/21/friendly-fill-ins-21st-august-2026/
Post a Comment