Friday, October 9, 2026

Friendly Fill-Ins and Haunted Eddy

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ is the strangest thing I ever researched online.

2. My wi-fi network is named _________.

3. _________ is both a blessing and a curse.

4. I _________ when life gets tough.


My answers are below in bold. They're random and rambling, so enter at your own risk.

1. Strangulation is the strangest thing I ever researched online.
(That sounds awful, I know. As someone who loves to write weird stories and whose curiosity is often piqued by various things when reading books, I often find myself searching really odd things online. Though I highly doubt this is the strangest thing I've ever researched, most recently I was reading a book in which a petite 13-year-old girl was defending herself and ended up strangling a full grown man with a rope or something of the sort. Great times, huh? Anyway, I found myself genuinely curious how such a small person could get proper leverage to strangle someone, and so I admittedly looked up related methods of strangulation. The best part of this was the Google AI response. Though I generally ignore those, as I'm not a fan of AI, I had to laugh when said AI plain and simply told me something along the lines of, "I cannot provide an answer for this, as I will not assist you in strangling someone.")

2. My wi-fi network is named just a bunch of boring letters and numbers.
(Though I've always meant to rename my wi-fi network, I never have. It's currently just the boring alphanumeric name from the provider. This fill-in here has me wanting to change that soon, though, so now I need to brainstorm names for it. Of course, it needs to be something relating to kitties, because obviously.)

3. Owning a home is both a blessing and a curse.
(I've mentioned this before, and I know I'm far from the only person with this sentiment. Owning a home comes with freeing levels of independence, but it also comes with sometimes crippling responsibilities when things go wrong. I have a lot of repairs and such in the works right now, because multiple things broke in a short amount of time. One of the basic indoor home repairs has somehow led to the water company having to come out and dig up my front yard, since they need to relocate my outdoor water shut off valve out from under the public sidewalk. The the city redid my neighborhood's streets and sidewalks a few years ago, and in the process they apparently buried a bunch of the homes' main water access beneath concrete. It's amazing how simple home repairs can turn into pure chaos.)

4. I often neglect my hobbies when life gets tough.
(I know this is nothing unique to me. Things are a bit extra crazy in my life right now, and I've been helping my parents gives daily fluids and other care to their sweet kitty Trapper, who was very recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. The usual life craziness mixed with that grief has led me to neglect my hobbies, almost intentionally so. Honestly, most days it doesn't feel right to try to seek joy in my art, writing, and that sort of thing. I know that's wrong, though, and I need to get back to those things, as they do indeed bring me joy. Not to mention, I like to honor the kitties in my life by bringing them into my art and writing projects, and that is a very healing thing for me. I don't know if any of that made sense, but rambling is also very cathartic for me, so here we are.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Eddy feels like she's being watched. She's just minding her own business on her cat tree by the window, but she has a haunting feeling. Perhaps you can help her figure out why?


Eddy hopes you all have a not-so-spooky Friday!



***
Spooky Flashback Doodle of the Day

I still have not finished this year's new Halloween doodles, in part for reasons mentioned in fill-in #4 above. I will get to those drawings this month, but in the meantime I have tons of spooky flashback doodles. The one I'm sharing today is a drawing you might remember, as I scribbled it up a few years ago and re-share it every year. It's one of my favorites. After all, I drew it with the intention of bringing in a great many of my favorite things about Halloween.




***
Tip of the Day

We've been discussing potential dangers and toxins associated with Halloween. Today, we're going to finish that topic with a couple of slightly random yet still relevant Halloween products with which to be cautious. We're referring to items such as glow sticks and fake blood. These items sometimes make appearances on holidays like Halloween, and they might very well contain ingredients that can potentially be toxic to kitties and pups. Glow sticks can especially be dangerous if they are bitten or otherwise punctured, and fake blood can also pose a risk if ingested. Be cautious, therefore, of using these items, as well as any other items that might be dangerous to your furbaby. If you do have any of these items at your home, keep them securely hidden away so as to prevent any emergencies.

No comments: