Friday, October 17, 2014

Sharing is caring.

I'm sure I'm not the only parent to four-legged furballs who understands the concept of sharing. And when I say sharing, I mean giving up your goods for the sake of -- or, more like it, at the request of -- the furballs.

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've given up my blankets and bedding, items of clothing, and even the food off of my plate for my furry babies. But I guess since they're so cute I just can't help myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I might as well show you some examples of how sharing is caring in my family of furballs:

This picture was taken a few years ago and shows Rosie drinking a bit of milk from a cereal bowl. Even now, at 21 years of age, she still begs on occasion, such as the other night when I was having milk and peanut butter cookies.
This one was also taken a few years ago and shows Rosie lying on a pair of my dad's slippers. Those slippers used to be one of her favorite makeshift beds, but these days she prefers to make use of my favorite sweatshirt.
This picture was from a couple of weeks ago, at a time when the kittens had taken it upon themselves to make a bed out of a pair shorts and a shirt.
See that pillow Astrid's lying on? I had just been using it prior to this photo being taken. But, Astrid had looked so uncomfortable and pitiful next to me on the couch that I just had to give her my pillow. (And then Astrid so kindly paid it forward by allowing Evan to use her as a pillow.)
I guess the moral of this story is that living in a home full of four-legged furballs has taught me to be a good sharer. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

No comments: