Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Little Merman

Due to his hind limb paralysis, Evan has always had some very unique positions in which he sits. One of my favorites is what I like to call his merman pose. Somehow, I had never managed to get a picture of him in this pose. That is, until today.

And so, here is Evan's merman pose.
Evan's very proud of this pose and decided to show it off while sitting on his favorite footstool throne (which has been in the family for decades and has been used and abused by so many humans and furballs that it is now being held together by leopard print duct tape).
Every time I see Evan in this pose, it (for whatever reason) brings to my mind an image of Ariel from The Little Mermaid sitting on a rock while singing. Therefore, that makes Evan my little merman. And sometimes this talkative little guy even sings for me!

(Also, as a side note, in the above picture you can see on Evan's left hind leg the callus he's luckily built up from his method of ambulation. I say "luckily" because prior to it being a callus that sore would frequently bleed and even became infected once. But, now that it's a callus, it causes him no issues.)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday, which means we'll be watching the Kitten Bowl and Puppy Bowl on TV tomorrow!

No comments: