HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
Our resident ginger wants to invite all of you friends over to his leprechaun hut to celebrate. He's handing out lots of luck and a bit of gold. Of course, you're free to kiss him, too. After all, he is Irish.
We're wishing you all lots of luck and many blessings, today and every day!
Of course, this St. Paddy's Day doodle is our contribution to Athena's Caturday Art blog hop.
Be sure to visit Athena see all of the fun and festive art our friends have created this week!
Our Tip of the Day:
We haven't reached the end of National Pet Poison Awareness Month yet, so we'll keep these tips coming. Today's tip on potentially poisonous household items relates to batteries. We briefly mentioned their danger before, but now we'll give a bit of further information on them. If a dog or even a cat bites a battery or ingests it, the acidic or alkaline components could leak out and enter their gastrointestinal system. This material is corrosive in nature, and can therefore cause serious side effects, including oral ulcers, vomiting, other various signs of gastrointestinal distress, and even fever. Due to the corrosive nature of battery components, vomiting should not be induced in the case of ingestion, as this will cause further damage. Immediate care can include rinsing out your pup or kitty's mouth with lukewarm water to remove as much of the battery material as possible. Of course, quickly follow that up with immediate veterinary care. To prevent such emergencies, keep all batteries tucked safely away where curious furbabies cannot get to them. As always, it's better to be safe than sorry!