Thimble is the furbaby here who most enjoys having her
Of course, Thimble snapped this shot for the Sunday Selfies blog hop, hosted by the Kitties Blue over at The Cat on My Head.
We hope all of you friends of ours have a stupendous Sunday!
Our Doodle of the Day:
This upcoming weekend I'll be assisting at an event for a local rescue group known as Hospice Hearts. I've mentioned this group on here before, and you can learn more about them by clicking here.
The event I'll be assisting at is called the Crazy Cat Lady Fashion Show, which is indeed a fun, catty fashion show from which proceeds will of course be used for the care of the adoptable kitties at Hospice Hearts. I usually have next to no interest in fashion, but I'll make an exception for kitties. So, for the Crazy Cat Lady Fashion Show, I thought I'd doodle up some fashionable kitties, starting with this one.
Our Tip of the Day:We've given past tips on the dangers of paint products, but we're going to repeat this for National Pet Poison Awareness Month. Unsurprisingly, paint, varnish, and other similar products can be toxic to our furbabies. Lead paints can of course cause lead poisoning, which can cause a variety of severe symptoms, including those of the gastrointestinal and neurological systems. Lead can also be detrimental to red blood cells, brain function, and other important processes in the body. Oil-based paints can also be dangerous, potentially causing diarrhea as well as having serious effects on the lungs. They may also contain heavy metals and thereby cause symptoms similar to those of lead paint toxicity. Products such as varnish can also have similar negative side effects as paint.
Also keep in mind that paint and paint products can emit dangerous fumes. Especially without proper ventilation, inhalation of the fumes can cause irritation of the lungs or symptoms such as dizziness. To avoid emergencies related to the ingestion or inhalation of paint or other paint products, of course keep these items well out of reach of your furbabies. Try to keep your furbabies safely out of areas that are being painted. Should ingestion or inhalation of paint products occur, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance.