Friday, July 20, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday, friends! It's the day of the Friendly Fill-Ins, and you're more than welcome to join us. In case you missed them yesterday, below are the fill-ins for this week. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I tried _________ and I liked it.

2. Am I the only one who _________?

3. _________ is my hero/heroine.

4. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be _________.


1. I tried spaghetti squash and I liked it.
(Has anyone else ever tried spaghetti squash? You essentially just cut the squash in half, bake it up, and then scrape out the innards, which end up stringy and very much like spaghetti noodles. I use the noodly squash in place of regular spaghetti noodles, because I'm gluten intolerant and the squash is, in my opinion, a viable alternative. I also love spiralizing zucchini into noodles and using that in place of regular spaghetti noodles. I eat these sorts of mock spaghetti dishes at least once a week.)

2. Am I the only one who doesn't drink coffee?
(I feel like 99% of the people I know or meet drink coffee. That makes me feel a bit odd about the fact that I have never enjoyed the taste of coffee. I have tried coffee with milk, chocolate, caramel, you name it. While I love the smell of brewing coffee, I just can't stand the taste of it, most especially the aftertaste. Also, let's be honest, caffeine gives me heartburn something fierce. So, I just don't drink the stuff.)

3. Rosie is my heroine.
(A lot of people probably wouldn't understand me naming a cat as my hero, but I know none of you will judge. My calico kitty angel Rosie was by my side from the time I was 4 years old until I was 26 years old. Not only was Rosie a loyal companion, but she was also always such a champ, one tough cookie who never let anything like arthritis or kidney disease or pancreatitis get her down. She inspired me, and she always will. Rosie has been gone for 3 years now, and I still think about her every single day. She will always be my heroine, my muse, and my best friend.)

4. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie.
(I make one of these every single day. I just throw into my blender some frozen bananas, peanut powder, cacao powder, and almond milk. Since I'm lactose intolerant, this is my version of a milkshake, and I cannot live without it.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Eddy's been an unusually still and sleepy model lately. But I'll take it. If this girl doesn't jump and run and bounce off of walls at the mere sight of the camera, I consider myself lucky.


Photos like this come from my inability to properly edit photos with poor lighting, as well as my sheer laziness to do so. Hopefully, you can overlook the photo quality and still enjoy the sight of Eddy.


Eddy hopes you all have a fun Friday with plenty of naps!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:

We have just a couple more Christmas in July doodles for you all, and this is one of them:




***

Our Tip of the Day:

Many of us have furbabies who enjoy a cozy bed, and who also enjoy making a bed out of their human's clothes. That's why today's pet parenting hack of a tip is to use your old clothes to make a pet bed for your kitty or pup. You can take on old shirt, for example, and stuff it with a pillow or other type of filling. You can sew it shut, or even just safely and securely tie it shut. Not only will the soft filling make this a cozy bed, but it will also smell like you, something that many furbabies enjoy. There are a great many options for creating beds in this manner, using shirts, pants, robes, and so forth. The options are endless, and you can even find ideas and techniques online for creating a variety of such pet beds.

19 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great pics!

I tried spaghetti squash, but I just didn't make it right, I guess. It was kind of hard. I probably overcooked it.

Your answer to #3 is a beautiful tribute to Rosie.

#4 sounds delicious. I'll have to try that.

I hope you have a great weekend!

CMash said...

I haven't tried spaghetti squash but want to. Smoothies...yumm! Have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

Yes, I've had spaghetti squash. It's very good and far healthier.

I drink coffee, but know a lot of people that don't. Or they would rather have tea in the morning. Whatever one likes is the way to go. I'm going to have my coffee now.

I love your hero. I get it too.

Have a purrfect Friday and weekend. ♥

Catatopia said...

I just discovered chocolate peanut butter banana shakes this summer. Yum!

Kitties Blue said...

Eddy looks precious, especially photo #2. I also do not like coffee. I do not even like the smell and do not like kissing the kitties' dad after he's been drinking it. He LOVES coffee! We make those zucchini noodles as well. I think having Rosie as your heroine is purrfect. Another cute doodle as well! Hugs, Janet

Cathy Keisha said...

Eddy is taking advantage of Nap Day. Pop likes the smell of coffee but hates it. TW loves it but can only drink decaf for health reasons. Cats should be everyone's hero.

Marg said...

I don't drink coffee either and never have. Eddy, you look great. Christmas in July, great stuff. Have a glorious day.

pilch92 said...

Great answers! I make spaghetti squash, but just put butter and parmesan on it, I have never added sauce. I love coffee, but I feel that way about alcohol, I have no desire for that. I love that Rosie is your hero, she was an amazing girl. That smoothie sounds good. Great photos of Eddy, such a cutie. I love the drawing, I fear that will be Trouble on her 1st Christmas with us this year. Nice tip too, I do that :) Have a wonderful weekend! XO

Eastside Cats said...

Oh! I love the idea of making pet beds out of old clothes; great idea!
1. I tried peanut butter and pickle sandwiches and I liked it.
2. Am I the only one who hasn't read or watched Harry Potter?
3. My sis-in-law is my hero/heroine.
4. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, it would be popcorn.
And, I don't drink coffee either. Every once in awhile, the smell of it makes me want to try it again, but after a few sips, I don't want it. The Hubby drinks several mugs a day, while I sip my green tea.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Very sweet pics and great answers!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Feline Opines said...

We loved the fill ins. The Female Human says all of The Tribe of Five are her heroes because we give her laughter, love and all the purrs and head bonks she wants.
Lily

viola-et-cetera said...

Rosie truly was a champ! Like your advice, it helps to form a pack.

Suzanne McClendon said...

I think I'd like to try spaghetti squash in place of regular spaghetti noodles. It sounds very interesting.

I don't drink coffee, either. But, I do love to smell it.

I understand your feelings about Rosie. I felt that way about my Angel Jadis. :)

Your milkshake sounds yummy!

Aww those are sweet Eddy pics.

Your kitty doodle reminds me of our Angel Xerxes. He was fascinated with our Christmas tree.

Have a blessed weekend.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love that doodle! Not drinking coffee seems to be the only thing we don't have in common! LOL I'm addicted. I love reading about the bond you shared with Rosie. She will always be with you.

messymimi said...

Spaghetti squash is good, and i cannot live without my one cup of coffee per day (or i get a dandy of a headache).

Eddy is wonderful from any angle and in any light.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Nope. I can't stand coffee. At all. I tried a couple time in college (for obvious reasons) and I just couldn't. We love the close-ups of Eddy!

Pam and Teddy said...

Never had spaghetti squash but I've heard similar comments to yours about them...I must try that! Coffee - I have one cup of it every morning - I like it the way my Mom used to make it for me when I was a little girl INSISTING I was "growed up" enough to try it. Mostly milk and sugar but the taste of coffee just barely shining through. LOL

Hugs, Pam

Unknown said...

I love spaghetti squash--and coffee. When I was little I thought all adults drank coffee, but actually a lot of people don't like it. Eddy is so cute! :)

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

The spaghetti squash sounds interesting. It also sounds like it would be very healthy. Maybe we should try that some time. Have a blessed week.