Saturday, January 11, 2020

A Sort of Spooky Winter Window View

I originally had a long explanation for today's doodle typed up here. Then I realized how wordy, inconsequential, and boring it was, and so I deleted it for the sake of your sanity. The long and short of it is that, as many of you know, I am a huge fan of both Halloween and Christmas. I enjoy imagery that is quirky and macabre, yet I also enjoy imagery that can make a cold winter day feel warm and cozy. Melding those two types of imagery together for a sort of spooky winter doodle is something that I recently felt compelled to do. And so, that's the doodle I have for you today.


I always enjoy doodling, but I enjoyed scribbling up the above doodle far more than I realized I would. Trying to meld my two holiday seasons together into one made me feel incredibly inspired. That's probably why I decided to create even more doodles with these sort of spooky winter vibes. I hope you all won't mind seeing more doodles in the same realm as the one above, because there is indeed more to come.

Warm wishes to all!




***
Tip of the Day

We are continuing our tips relating to ferals and other outdoor cats in the cold winter months. Today's tip is a more general one, and relates to the fact that animals seek out warm places to sleep when it is cold outside. For example, cats and kittens, and other small animals, might climb up under the hood of a car that has recently been driven, since the engine will be warm. For this reason, especially when it is cold outside, honk, clap, or tap on your car's hood before starting it. This will give a warning to any animals who might have sought shelter there, and will give them time to find safety elsewhere. It is of course perfectly possible that no animals will be sleeping under the hood of your car, but in case a cat or other animal is, making noise before you start your will help ensure that they get out of harm's way.

9 comments:

Catscue Catmom said...

I love that doodle, looking forward for more on that theme. Very good tip today, it is so crucial to ensure a cat is not in your engine!

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

All your doodles are fabulous and cute. We always smile when we see one...but you already knew that I suppose😸Pawkisses for a Happy Caturday🐾😽💞

pilch92 said...

That is a great drawing. Excellent tips too. My horn only works when it is about freezing- I should get that checked for the safety of all.XO

Furries said...

That'a a great doodle and you blended the two holidays very well. Those tall candle holders remind me of the ones they use in church for Easter, so you have elements of three holidays in there!

messymimi said...

Spooky cats dreaming of next Christmas, perhaps? Nice, however it is interpreted.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That is absolute purrfection! Nothing better than merging the 2 best times of the year.

Eastside Cats said...

I love black cats in windows!
The PO'M is much too round to make it up into a car's engine compartment, but sometimes I have my concerns about Sweetie, as she hides under my car often. I tell her to avoid the hot muffler, etc. Thankfully, they both consider The Cat Hotel their sleeping spot.

meowmeowmans said...

We love it! That's so creative to meld your two fave holidays in your doodle. :)

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

We love your doodles. They are unique and you are very talented!