Saturday, October 3, 2020

Caturday Art

I'm making a last-minute change to the Caturday Art post I had planned. Thanks to a nasty headache, I didn't get my Caturday Art post scheduled as I planned to do yesterday. I love me some autumn, but my allergy and sinus headaches always rear their ugly head this time of year. That's my least favorite part about this favorite season of mine. Does anyone else struggle with allergies more in the autumn than even in the spring or summer? Anyway, I finally got my sinuses and headache to take a chill pill, but now it's well into the morning of this Caturday and my post never got published ahead of time like it was supposed to.

Where am I going with this rambling? Understandably, the times when my posts go up late in the morning, they don't get as many views. Again, that's completely understandable. If I'm being honest, I don't track or really care that much about views. I make posts because I enjoy sharing my furbabies and doodles with you all. Some of you wonderful friends of ours out there have also expressed joy in seeing my furbabies and doodles, and so I also post simply for anyone who might want or need to see something furry or happy or bright or just a little weird and wacky.

Okay, I'm rambling again. Since I didn't get my intended post for today scheduled yesterday, and since it therefore didn't get posted early this morning, I'm going to share a flashback doodle now instead. The doodle I was meant to post today is one in a very short series of doodles relating to one of my favorite classic Halloween tales. If I'm being honest, I'm really excited about this little series of doodles, and so I don't want to throw the first one up late. That being said, I chose a flashback doodle from 2018 that in a way relates to new series of doodles I'm excited to share.

If I tell you this flashback doodle was an illustration for a poem titled "Sleepy Howl", can you guess which classic Halloween tale my new series of doodles is based on?

Happy Caturday, friends! If you'd like to see the new doodle that was supposed to be shared today, I've already made sure it's ready to be viewed first thing tomorrow.


***

Tip of the Day

Our past two Halloween tips were reminders of the potential hazards of Halloween decorations. As we mentioned, wreaths, garland, and festive trinkets can pose dangers, as can candles in or out of jack-o'-lanterns. And, of course, don't forget cords for strands of lights or other decor. Today, relating to potential Halloween home decor dangers, we're going to mention some ways that you can indeed put out decorations, but in a safe manner.

First, of course, keep any and all potentially hazardous items high off of the ground, or out of the reach of your furbaby in any other way necessary. This might mean putting decorations on shelves that are high off of the ground, or in display cases that have doors. When it comes to cords, it is best to find a way to safely tuck them away or tape them down. There are even pet-safe and child-safe cord covers, under which cords can be tucked away from curious paws and mouths. And what about candles? Aside from refraining from burning them, or keeping them out of reach or in a room your furbaby does not have access to, you can try battery-operated or other similar artificial candles. You can use these types of safer options in festive candle holders, or even to light your jack-o'-lanterns. Of course, though, do keep in mind that batteries and plastic parts and pieces can also pose their own risks to furbabies. So, while fake candles might not burn your furbaby, it is still wise to keep an eye on your furbaby around such items, especially if your kitty or pup is a chewer.

7 comments:

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

The art is amazing as always!

We hope you feel better soon

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

messymimi said...

A wonderful doodle. Yes, some people are allergic to what blooms in autumn more than at other times of year. Allergy is so specific to each of us, it's hard to track down, i hope you are better soon.

pilch92 said...

Cute doodle, I like your version of Sleepy Hollow. :) Excellent tips too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Legend of Sleepy Hollow! My allergies have been worse this fall than they have been in years. Hope you continue to feel better.

Eastside Cats said...

Sorry to hear your allergies are harsh!

Cathy Keisha said...

Sending healing purrz. We've been posting all sorts of times lately. The views have sucked whenever we post.

meowmeowmans said...

We love your Sleepy Hollow doodle. Sorry to hear your allergies have been so bad. OUrs have definitely been bothering us more lately, too. Purrs.