Saturday, September 18, 2021

Caturday Art

Today's Caturday Art is late to be posted and is a flashback doodle. This unfortunately has become our norm as of late. But, that said, this should be the last time this is the case. I mentioned awhile back that when August ended, work at my full-time job finally settled down after a wild and chaotic summer. I intended to then get back on track with my scheduled posts and new doodles being shared at least 4 or 5 times per week and flashback doodles only filling in the remaining days. Then, though, I started using my free time to revamp my workspace at home. I got a new desk and all that jazz, and because of that I haven't had my scanner set up. I have a backlog of new doodles to share, all because I've been too distracted and lazy to temporarily set up my scanner. I'm finishing up revamping my new workspace this weekend, though, which means the scanner will be set up again and all the new doodles can finally be scanned and shared. There will be cozy autumn doodles starring cats and books, there will be cat-o'-lanterns galore, there will be spooky doodles inspired by some of my favorite spooky movies, and there will be poison apples and other creepy treats.

Anyway, all of the above rambling aside, for today I decided to share one of my favorite freaky doodles from roughly this time last year. I am a huge fan of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, its Headless Horseman, and of course cats, which is why this doodle came to be last year.


Who remembers this one? Kind of weird, huh?

Happy Caturday, friends!




***
Tip of the Day

Today is the last of our autumn pet safety tips. This one is another about wildlife, in particular predators who increase their activity during cooler weather in search of food. In some areas, this might mean an increase in the activity of coyotes, wild cats, or other predators. To such wildlife, cats as well as small or even large dogs can be considered prey on which to feed. Therefore, especially if you are in an area where coyotes, wild cats, or other predators might be present, be very cautious letting your furbabies outdoors at night and unattended. If you and your furbaby make a trip outside, keep them close to you, such as on a leash. Be sure to not only monitor your furbaby closely, but also your surroundings Always err on the side of caution in order to keep both your furbaby and yourself safe from hungry predators and other dangers.

5 comments:

pilch92 said...

I do remember this because I love it. Great tips too.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Now that is a super cute yet threatening headless horsecat. But looks like Ichabod is quite happy with the situation :)
Purrs
ERin

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love that doodle! Looking forward to what you have planned for Halloween and Christmas :) I scored a free printer/scanner/copier from a neighbor who recently moved and no longer needed it, but I haven't had time to set it up yet. I'm sure I'll have trouble with it and don't need the aggravation right now LOL.

meowmeowmans said...

I so remember this one. You may think it's weird, but I think it's awesome!

messymimi said...

Sleepy Hollow is a great inspiration for a doodle!