Friday, September 17, 2021

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we hope you are too. If you'd like to join in, you are more than welcome to do so. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Is it wrong to _________?

2. I wish I had kept my _________.

3. _________ is my idea of living happily ever after.

4. It's been a long time since I _________.


My answers are below in bold. Today I wanted to make them all about the furbabies.

1. Is it wrong to prefer staying home with my furbabies 24/7?
(Because that is my kind of life. This here hermit would love to work from and rarely have to leave my kitties and pup.)

2. I wish I had kept my angel Sammy's fur.
(When I was 9 years old, my kitty Sammy passed away. He was angel Rosie's brother, and he was the first big loss I ever experienced. At that age, and having never lost a furry friend before him, I didn't think to keep some of his fur or any of his whiskers. He's the only furbaby I've lost whose fur and whiskers I don't have, which makes me very sad.)

3. Growing old with a life full of animal rescue is my idea of living happily ever after.
(I'd like to spend my whole life with animals whom I've rescued in one way or another. I'd also like to get more involved with animal rescue in general in the future. That would be such a fulfilling life.)

4. It's been a long time since I have gotten to sit at my table without sharing my chair with a cat.
(Namely, Tonks wants my chair. All the time. And so I let her have it. Because I'm not the boss around here.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Ready for your Eddy fix? It's a pretty darn cute and cozy one today.


Have a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Our autumn pet safety tip for today might seem a bit random, but it still relates to the season. This tip is to keep your furbabies who go outdoors, as well as yourself, safe during hunting season. This time of year, especially certain wooded areas can be dangerous to traverse due to the activity of hunters. Therefore, especially during this time of year, avoid walking your pup or kitty in areas where hunting is common, or in unfamiliar wooded areas. If you do intend to go for a walk with your furbaby this time of year in or near wooded areas, especially those known for their hunting activity, always ensure that your clothing and your furbaby's accessories or a bright color, such as bright orange. This can help you to be more visible to any potential hunters in the area. Be safe!

8 comments:

Yvonne said...

Eddy is so adorable.

Great fill ins. I should have thought of #1. That's the perfect answer.

Have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

True that once cats arrive, the human rank slips down a notch or two!
Eddy is adorable.

pilch92 said...

I love your answers, especially #3 and I am with you on #1. :) That is funny about Tonks. Excellent shot of Eddy, definitely a non- blooper. Cute drawing and great tips too. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love the photo and doodle! I wish I'd kept fur of all my cats too. I have kept nails and whiskers though.

meowmeowmans said...

Eddy, you sure do look comfy. We love your doodle, and totally are with you on fill in #1! :)

The Island Cats said...

Aw, Eddy. You're so cute!

messymimi said...

Awww, Eddy!

Excellent answers, and i am sorry you don't have any of Sammy's fur.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins especially #1! Happy Sunday XX