Friday, June 10, 2022

A Pupdate and Friendly Fill-Ins

I am so sorry for the late post, friends, especially on the day of the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. Nursing stubborn pup Astrid is a full-time job. That said, thank you all for the purrs, woofs, and prayers for Astrid yesterday!

As we mentioned in yesterday's post, Astrid suddenly starting having an issue with her front left paw's pads, causing her to lick that foot incessantly and to even limp a bit. A few years ago Astrid had a tumor on a paw pad of her back right foot and ended up having that toe amputated, and so we always get extra worried when her paws have any semblance of an ailment. All is well, though, as this time around Astrid has simply been diagnosed with a bacterial infection between her toes. The vet doesn't know exactly what caused it, as there is no evidence of any injuries, growths, or anything of that sort, but there's a raging infection between those paw pads nonetheless. Oral antibiotics along with an antimicrobial spray should clear it right up, but now we're just struggling to keep Astrid from licking it while it heals. We've brought out the cone of shame, some breathable booties, and all that jazz, but even so, Astrid is stubborn and stealthy. Luckily, the antibiotics are already kicking in and her desire to lick her affected foot is far less than it was even just yesterday.

Again, thank you all for the purrs, woofs, and prayers for Astrid! She is on the mend, and we appreciate all of you so much.


***

All that said, how about we finally get to the Friendly Fill-Ins? My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. If my life could have a rewind or pause button, I would choose _________.

2. I think a reality show about _________ would be interesting.

3. If my life had a soundtrack, it would include _________.

4. My personal style could best be described as _________.


My answers are below in bold, along with some needlessly long rambling.

1. If my life could have a rewind or pause button, I would choose the option to pause.
(I've seen enough sci-fi movies to know that time travel can get dicey, and I wouldn't want to change my past or current timeline by rewinding, so I'll go for the pause button. Actually, could a pause button let me get a few naps in without losing time? Or could I get some chores or hobbies done while the rest of the world is on pause? Because that would be nice.)

2. I think a reality show about the daily life of cats would be interesting.
(I find cats far more interesting than humans, so I would absolutely watch this. I want to see a TV show that just follows cats around all day. The same goes for dogs. You know that movie The Secret Life of Pets? I'm talking about a reality show like this. I already know I enjoy watching my own furbabies on my home's security cameras, and so I'd love to see what other people's cats and dogs do when they're alone. Given that, like humans, animals have their personalities as well as circumstances, this kind of thing could get really interesting.) 

3. If my life had a soundtrack, it would include a weird range of songs.
(As is the case for many human beings, music plays a large role in my life. My taste in music is varied and perhaps a bit weird sometimes, a little like myself. What's more, I already have playlists created with all sorts of random songs that I relate to or that inspire me. I have songs for when I work out, for when I'm drawing, for when I'm writing, for when I'm relaxing, for when I need a pick-me-up, and you get the idea. If I had to truncate and conglomerate those playlists into a soundtrack that could get me through all the parts of a particular day or week, the result might look a little like this:
  1. Don't Stop Me Now by Queen 
  2. (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult 
  3. Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
  4. Season of the Witch by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
  5. Glitter and Gold by Barns Courtney
  6. Change on the Rise by Avi Kaplan
  7. David by Noah Gundersen
  8. Born for This by The Score
  9. Second Child, Restless Child by The Oh Hellos
  10. Emmylou by Vance Joy
  11. Greatest Enemy by The Strumbellas
  12. Humpty Dumpty by AJR
That was actually quite fun to put together, though I know my taste in music certainly won't appeal to everyone. Even so, if you're interested in hearing any of the songs, just click on the song title.)

4. My personal style could best be described as comfy.
(I'm that person who could and would live in sweatpants and a t-shirt 24/7 if allowed. Actually, I do just that every day I possibly can.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Yes? Well, Eddy apologizes for not looking at the camera. After many days of beautiful, not-so-hot, window whiffies weather, we're now going to be expecting something like 100°F days. So, Eddy is focusing on enjoying some final window whiffies while she can. At least the side of her face is also quite adorable to see.


Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback doodle from our old forest home series takes us to a little library room. This may or may not have been drawn with my personal dream home in mind.




***
Tip of the Day

You'll probably see this tip from us at least once more this summer, because today we're mentioning fireworks. These booming celebrations often make appearances during the summer months, such as for Independence Day. Needless to say, always be cautious with your furbaby around fireworks. First, close proximity to fireworks can lead to burns or other injuries. In addition to this, the sound and sight of nearby fireworks could cause a fear reaction, which could potentially lead to an escaped or lost furbaby.

Speaking of fear of fireworks, it is of course best to keep your furbaby tucked safely indoors when fireworks are being used anywhere nearby outdoors. Even inside, though, it is possible for the sounds and sights of fireworks to frighten a pup or kitty. You can make some attempts to minimize the sight and sound of fireworks, such as by closing windows, closing curtains or blinds, playing music, turning on the TV, and distracting your furbaby with some playtime. Some dogs and cats are also calmed by wearing a ThunderShirtⓇ, or even a makeshift one created using a blanket, towel, or a piece of clothing. If your furbaby is still scared, sometimes it is simply best to allow them to hide. In this case, ensure they have somewhere to be and feel safe, such as a safe room or cubby in which to nestle while the fireworks are booming.

Since it is always better to be safe than sorry, in case a fearful furbaby does somehow escape, ensure that they are properly identifiable. For example, make sure they are wearing a tag with your contact information on it. In addition, this is also when up-to-date microchips can be crucial.

8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Good to read that Astrid may already be over the worst of it.
Eddy, we'll take what we can get, because you are large and in charge.

pilch92 said...

Glad Astrid is fine even if he gives you grief at med time. I enjoyed your answers and feel bad I only ended up picking one song. I must be old because I only recognized 1-5, I need to listen to the others. Eddy is cute even if she won't look at the camera. Nice drawing and great tips. I don't like fireworks. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

That is SUCH fantastic news!!! Sorry your heat is back :(

messymimi said...

It's great to know Astrid is going to be just fine, prayers will continue for healing.

Eddy has a beautiful profile.

When you push that pause button, let me get a nap too, okay?

Lone Star Cats said...

Glad it are just an infection - sending her lotsa healing purrs!

The Island Cats said...

So glad that Astrid’s paw issue is easily treated! Hope she heals quickly.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Our purrs to Astrid's paw. Lori stepped on a thorn a few days ago and limped a bit. We were worried she had been stung by a bee but there was no barb TBT could find and she is running around fine now.

Hope for heals...

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins and we think your playlist is EPIC!!!!!