Friday, June 3, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My wonderful co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Did you know _________?

2. My plans for June include _________ and _________.

3. When I need to cheer myself up, I _________.

4. I could teach an entire course on _________.


My answers are below in bold. They're all about the furbabies this week.

1. Did you know Eddy's original name was Daya?
(Eddy is my only furbaby whom I adopted through a rescue. All the others just sort of showed up in my life of their own accord. Since Eddy did come from a rescue, though, they had given her a name, and that name was Daya. But to me, Daya just didn't fit her. When Eddy came to me, she was having some neurological issues that resulted in her spinning in circles, much like an eddy or whirlpool. And so, though it might seem like morbid reasoning, she became Eddy. She's all healed up and no longer spins in circles, but I think Eddy's name suits her so very well. She often gets mistaken for a boy because of her name, but I still love how it fits her.)

2. My plans for June include getting back to regularly drawing and writing.
(I have lots of goals for June, to be honest, but these two are personal goals that are very important to me. I've been slacking on them lately, so I really want to crack down on them this month. And you know how above I said all my answers relate to the furbabies? This one honestly does, I promise. After all, my planned drawing and writing projects all of course include kitties and pups, among other little critters.)

3. When I need to cheer myself up, I find a kitty (or two, or six) to cuddle.
(Need I say more?)

4. I could teach an entire course on how to unclog cat hair and cat toys from a vacuum cleaner.
(I never thought I'd be a pro at taking apart my vacuum cleaner and finding ways to fix it when it stops working. But, I live with a giant dog, six cats, and a gazillion rogue cat toys, so I've had to perform surgery on my vacuum cleaner more times than I can count. I feel like I could teach a class all about the anatomy of a vacuum cleaner and how to heal its wounds.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***
Are you ready for a cute little Eddy?


That adorable little girl is wishing you all a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Here's another flashback doodle from the forest home I scribbled up a couple years ago. And, yet again, the little tuxie kitty is your tour guide. That is, if he's awake.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's summer safety tip is all about how to keep your furbaby cool if they are outdoors in the heat. To begin, as we mentioned yesterday, sometimes the great outdoors is a very dangerous place to be for a pup or dog in the extreme heat of summer. For this reason, please do try to limit time spent outdoors in the heat.

However, if your pup or kitty has to be outdoors for any reason, be sure that they are provided with everything to help them stay as cool as possible. For example, be sure that a sufficient amount of cool, fresh, clean water is available for them to drink. Also ensure that they have somewhere in the shade to stay. A potentially stifling outdoor enclosure, such as a shed, will often be no cooler than the sun. But, shade from trees or a building can enable a furbaby to get out of the sun and stay as cool as possible. For those furbabies who enjoy and take advantage of being in water, you can also put out a children's pool, with cool, clean water. This way, a pup or even a kitty who likes water can have another way to cool off.

As we said previously, please do all that you can to keep your pup or kitty out of the heat of summer. If a trip outdoors is necessary for any reason, though, then it is important to know how to keep your furbaby cool and safe, such as by means of water and shade. Summertime is just another example of how you must think and plan ahead for the sake of your furbaby's health and happiness.

8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, Eddy is a peach!
Da Boyz arrived with names from the rescue, but after a short while, we too riffed off of them to give them their 'true' names.

Yvonne said...

Eddy is so adorable!

Great fill ins. We had similar answers for #3 of course :)

Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed your answers. I did not know you renamed Eddy, but her name is perfect. I renamed Joanie from Megan. I have given up on regular vacuums and just use a shop vac now- when a toy gets stuck I move the house to the other hole that pops it out. This is my favorite shot of Eddy- so cute. I like the drawing and your tips are great too. I hope you can do a lot of writing and drawing this month. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photo and doodle! I wouldn't mind tucking myself away in that room for the weekend...

Lone Star Cats said...

I think Eddy's name is purfect for her!

messymimi said...

Thanks for the story of how Eddy got her name, and the photos of her. Yes, i have to take vacuums apart here and at most of my jobs, people just don't know how to unclog and clean filters and maintain them well.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Pawsome fill-ins, we especially love #4, that tip is invaluable!!! MOL

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Cute pics!

My orignial name at the shelter was Sophie. It's my middle name now 😻