Friday, June 24, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Hello and happy Friday, friends! Are you ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? We sure are, and we'd love for you to join us! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. The grossest food I ever ate was _________.

2. The best tasting food I ever had was _________.

3. I should probably _________, but I won't.

4. If I could have an unlimited supply of one item, I would pick _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. The grossest food I ever ate was flan.
(In my high school Spanish class, we once had a party for which each student had to bring a traditional Mexican dish. One of my classmates brought flan, which is a Mexican custard dessert. This flan was lumpy, but also runny, and it tasted both bland yet also really gross. I was so confused, as were my taste buds. I honestly don't know if my classmate even made the flan correctly, but I've still been too afraid to ever try it again.)

2. The best tasting food I ever had was carbohydrates.
(I tried to think of a specific meal or food I've tried that really stuck out, but I couldn't come up with one in particular. So, I went with this. I love me some pasta, bread, and all those carbs.)

3. I should probably stop giving my furbabies tastes of my food, but I won't.
(While I don't let them eat anything toxic or otherwise dangerous, I often let my kitties and pup have safe little bites of what I'm eating, especially when they look at me all cute. I know this is a big no-no to some people, but I'm not one of those people. I figure my furbabies usually just get their same ol' food in their bowls, meal after meal. So, if they want a taste of something different from my bowl every once in awhile, they can have it. Their lives are unfortunately much shorter than ours, so I'm not here to keep them from the simple joys of life.)

4. If I could have an unlimited supply of one item, I would pick cat food.
(With the cat food shortages we're having, can someone hook me up with endless amounts of my kitties' favorite food? That would be great.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


Our resident blooper queen Eddy of course has some outtakes to share. These may or may not be bloopers mostly because of this here human, who doesn't seem to understand the concept of lighting in a photo. Though, Eddy opting to take a bath over posing for the camera is the bloopery icing on the cake.





Have a fantastic Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

I was going through some of my doodles from last summer, and I'd forgotten about quite a few of them. Such as this one starring a canine Eeyore and, well, Tigger of a sort.




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday we gave the pet parenting hack of using rubber gloves to remove furbaby hair from sofas, car interiors, and so forth. We failed to mention another option, and so we'll go ahead and do that today. If your clothing, bedding, or similar item is covered in pet hair and you're looking for a quick fix, you can try tossing it in the dryer with a dryer sheet. The anti-static nature of dyer sheets will help keep the hair from sticking to the clothing, bedding, or whatever item is in question. The hair will instead make its way to the lint trap. You could also try just rubbing a dryer sheet on the hairy item, as that sometimes will also help remove hair with the aid of its anti-static nature.

That all being said, though, please do keep those dryer sheets out of your furbaby's reach. This is because dryer sheets often contain potentially toxic components. So, keep those dryer sheets well hidden, and find and toss stray dryer sheets before dispersing the laundry. Of course, if you have any concern for your furbaby's safety, then simply refrain from using this method altogether.

9 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. The grossest food I ever ate was Merrick's "Thanksgiving Dinner". Not that we ate it at all.

2. The best tasting food I ever had was Fancy Feast Chicken in Creamy Sauce (and we still get it today

3. I should probably have my front claws clipped so TBT will like me laying next to him at night better but I will resist it. (Lori)

4. If I could have an unlimited supply of one item, I would pick dried chicken (Lori and Laz).

LOULOU said...

So, dryer sheets!bbrilliant! Also masking tape tuned inside out and stuck to itself or just press the tape down on the hairy parts. I have to say that if mama made a flan for you, you would swoon. Depends on the cook, that is Ile truth. Creme Catalan would knock your socks off, Eddie.

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. We had the same answer for #4 of course :)
Have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

If we all had a $1 for every blurry or poorly lit photo taken of our furbabies, we'd have enought money to open our own rescues!

pilch92 said...

I have never had flan and I don't plan to now. :) I enjoyed your answers and had the same for #4. I put items in the dryer with the dryer sheets before washing to remove fur, but never after because I have yet to find a brand that doesn't make me itch. Those shots of Eddy are too cute to be bloopers and I love the drawing. My niece used to collect Eeyore, actually she left them all at my house. Have a nice weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable bloopers! Love your answer to #4. So true. As far as people food, Mudpie sure has developed a taste for it lately! Deli meat, cool whip, butter...

messymimi said...

Grandma and Grandpa do the same with Lulu, giving her tastes and then blaming each other when she won't eat her regular dog food!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Fan'cat'stic fill-ins and we nearly picked the same answer for #4, either cat litter or cat food! MOL Happy weekend to mew all and thanks for hosting!

catladymac said...

Actually those silhouette pics of Eddy turned out pretty well !