Hello and happy Thursday, friends! We're going to get right to business, starting with Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge.
He once brought home from the grocery store a candelabrum.
So that you can fully know why Mrs. Whiskers was about to go insane.
You know that thing called an impulse buy?
It started with things like chocolate bars and gum.
Mr. Whiskers would see those in the checkout line and home with him they'd come.
Until one day, Mr. Whiskers came home from the store with a strange little something.
"It's an enchanted bottle!" he told Mrs. Whiskers, smiling as if he could sing.
It was a simple bottle made of simple old glass,
Mr. Whiskers sat and smiled at the bottle as if to him it did whisper.
Mrs. Whiskers gave yet another sigh,
We'll see you tomorrow, friends!
Now that we've reached June, we're doing a series of tips all about summer safety for our furbabies. Yesterday we discussed how to recognize the signs of overheating in cats and dogs. Today we're here to remind you that, to avoid potentially fatal heat stroke in your furbaby, never leave them alone in a car. In the heat of summer, the inside of a car can reach temperatures well above 100°F within a matter of minutes. Even with the windows open, the inside of a car can still become not only stifling, but also incredibly dangerous, potentially deadly.
Also keep in mind that the car is not the only location that can pose the risk of overheating. Garages, sheds, and of course even the great outdoors can be dangerous places on hot summer days. In short, as you all certainly know, never leave your furbaby in a car or anywhere that can easily overheat on summer days. Just like us, kitties and pups can indeed suffer from heat stroke if left in overheated conditions, and this can be fatal.