Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Adventures with Astrid, a Lone Cone, and the Letter V

Pup Astrid has been enjoying sniffing all of the stuff construction workers have been leaving behind in our neighborhood, but it would seem their work is coming to an end.

Astrid has shown you shots of her investigating some of the construction machinery, since they didn't seem to mind leaving it sitting around the neighborhood in the evenings. Astrid also made friends with a sizable collection of orange cones. Now, though, all we have left are a few of those lone cones scattered here and there. 

Astrid will miss her strange friends the construction workers kept leaving for her, but she won't miss the racket they often made during her beloved nap time.



***

Now, let's move on to the April A to Z Challenge.


As if I haven't reminded you all of this nearly every day this month, my A to Z theme this year is "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things". Today we've reached the letter V. After doing some brainstorming, I chose to make my V stand for the Victorian era, especially Victorian architecture, or a Victorian settings in general. I quite enjoy books, movies, art, and all such things set in Victorian times. I know the world wasn't perfect in any stage of history, but I at least enjoy seeing beautiful imagery of the Victorian era.

To illustrate how my V stands for the Victorian era, I'm showing you two doodles that are admittedly from a couple of years ago. The plan was to recreate these drawings in some semblance, but drawing architecture is far from my strong suit, and so I failed to ever find the courage to take this challenge on again. I will do so soon, though, as seeing these old images has really inspired me to see if maybe I can't improve on them even just a little bit. My main goal for my upcoming second attempt is to add more details far more true to the Victorian era.



Happy Wednesday, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

Our spring safety tip today involves those beloved window whiffies. As you all certainly know, before opening those windows, make sure that they have screens and that those screens are properly safe and secure. Thoroughly check those window screens before allowing your kitty or pup access. If any weak spots or issues are noted, do not allow your furbaby access until the window is safe against escape by said furbaby.

Also keep in mind that it is possible for a window screen to seem secure, but for a furbaby to lean or push against it and thereby knock it loose. It's also possible for little claws to make weak spots in screens. For this reason, never leave your furbaby unattended with open windows. This way, no accidental falls or escapes from the window can occur. We're nothing if not a broken record, so we'll again repeat that it's always better to be safe than sorry.

4 comments:

pilch92 said...

Down to just one cone. Poor Astrid. I like the drawing. And I know all about screens after Bridget's escape a couple years ago. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Construction workers can make a lot of racket! I love the Victorian era too.

messymimi said...

Astrid is certainly an exploring pup.

The Victorian Era holds a great deal of fascination, doesn't it.

meowmeowmans said...

We love architecture and style from the Victorian era, too. Astrid, we are sorry all that fun equipment is leaving soon, but yay for less construction noise! XO